Sinister: b&s at respect festy

zorba at xxx.uk zorba at xxx.uk
Mon Aug 5 22:59:02 BST 2002

the respect festival is now at platt fields in manchester - the burnley council have stopped the festival on h&s grounds.  they say there isn't enough police.  strangely enough, the police have said its fine.  the ANL (anti-nazi league, the organisers of the festival) are in discussion over sueing the council, as it would appear that they have prevented it on political grounds, and they are not allowed to do that.

i saw one of the organisers of the festival today, and i think she would be very surprised to hear that b&s are not doing it, as i'm pretty sure that she thinks they are doing it.  i was with chris's brother today too and he didn't mention that his brother wasn't doing it either....  so i'm expecting them to do it.  i know a few people who will feel very let down if they don't

antony (usually a lurker, in manchester)