Sinister: may i?

JohaN HUGO 12813249 at xxx.za
Tue Aug 6 13:50:22 BST 2002

well, hello again everybody
and a howdydoody too, to you tout (tous?)

so, for those of you who remember - and those of you who don't
(yes, some people are that lucky) - i'm back, after a long e-mailless
stint overseas. well, not quite so bad, but i had to leave, and i've
been there and back again, and now more so, thanks to honey's
kindly indulgence: what a bunch of spoilt children we are!)
what did i do? well, the details would take a lifetime to recount - or
would feel so for the listeners/readers etc.
so, suffice it to say - i was in nijmegen for 6 months, indulged in a
little studying and a lot of ... erm... social activity, met my first real-
life iin-the-flesh sinistrian (thanks to honey for the nod of approval:
actually i preferred "tweet" myself, but for some unimaginable
reason, it didn't seem to catch on - i guess i just wasn't made for
these times!), the wonderful marc bots - to whom everyone should
be increasingly nice given the slightest opportunity - and his soon-
paparazzi-will-follow-them-everywhere band holgersson, almost but
not quite made it to the legendary york coven courtesy of the her-
loveliness-can-barely-be-guessed-at miss gina, SAW THE BAND
LIVE! :), spent approximately half my country's gdp on
merchandising etc. and generally had a lovely time.
reassured of the physical existence (give or take an cartesian evil
demon or two) of the lovely list-phantasms, i took to hanging out
quite a bit on the website when i had the chance, on which
circumstance the regrettable existence of the following most-
lamentable ode should be squarely blamed. (oh well, it occupied an
entire otherwise boring train-journey).
so, without much further ado, i would like to pose the following
question:

may i?
(with apologies to almost everyone i can think of)

homesick for a punny post from chu	(OR a funny post from Llew
										OR a bunny post from you -
										mix to taste!)
i am tired of listening in
i am waiting for a sign.
may i open up my world to you?
i don't mind the site of you
kept me company till i joined again
you are the ones who've made it through
i am the one who's come to you
'cause i saw you on the internet
'cause i saw you as the people
with the bridges to my heart...

honey was the start of something big
(s)he was there at the beginning
(s)he was there to sign us up
may i join back up now i am here
please lend my your ears
keep me company now i've joined again
i'll keep trying to make do
you'll be the ones who's privy to
'cause i'll share with you the celebrations
you'll feel like you're inside
i know i've been away
but i still love you anyway

(solo sex) (er.. hmm, yes, okay)

homesick, i came back to you myself
for a while i put you on the shelf
i am incapable of staying the fool
wondering, so what's different today
which boys and girls have stayed (strayed?)
you were concerned with matters lofty
the hard kids always made you sick
your archive's looking like the bible
with its verses often twee
often scheming of the picnics
that are bound to - who knows? - take place on a sunny day
you know it'll be that way.

may i open up again to you?
and read the things you do
keep me company till we meet (again)
may i pour my words into your ear
pretend that far was near
keep me company till we meet (again)
till we meet (again) la-la-la-la-la etc.

THE (merciful) END

well, if you survived that, you'll get through most things in life!
that's about it for now. it's so nice to be back, and i can't wait to
get to know all the people who joined since i was here last.
on the topic of which, am i still right in thinking that i'm the only
south african here? i hope not! oh well, such is life...

lots of love

JohaN

ps. i am proud to say that through my persistent missionary efforts,
no less thatn 2 people that i met in europe, and who hadn't heard of
the band before, have since bought tbwtas! yay - soon we will rule
the world!
pps. also there, i finally discovered - and fell in love with - the
gentle waves. does everyone (anyone) else here also think that it's
better than any of isobel's stuff with b&s? i do, and i think "falling
from grace" is just about the most perfect popsong i've ever heard.
which doesn't mean i'm not sad she's left b&s, but if it means the
waves doing more stuff, then yippee!
ppps. i also finally read nalda said - in dutch translation! - and it
was so sad and beautiful and it had foxes in it! well, sort of almost
a fox. still. more love to mr. david.
pppps. if only i was witty, this would start to resemble a chu-post!
don't worry, this was the last one!