Sinister: Good radio programs?

lulou lulou at xxx.org
Tue Aug 6 15:01:44 BST 2002

Helen

Welcome to sinister!

One I really like is KCRW Morning Becomes Eclectic.

http://www.kcrw.com/show/mb

I don't think B&S have been on it, but there are loads of good programmes
- Rosie Thomas, Stars, Luna - online.

I heard that lots of online radion stations in the US may close as they
can't afford to pay for the music, now that the Recording Artists thing is
cracking down on "illegal" broadcasts.

On another tack, I was watching a programme on Orlando, by Virginia Woolf,
recently, and they showed the film clip where Orlando likens his/her lover
to a "pineapple, a fox in the snow."  Any of you literary people know if this is the first
conscious grouping of those words, and is that where the song title comes
from, and therefore Stuart reads poncy girl's books?  It also made me want to reread
Orlando, and see the film, and listen to Fox in the Snow.

conversations...hmm - they do take *time*, don't they? You have to
listen as well as speak.  I do silently enjoy many of the posts on sinister,
but perhaps I don't respond often as I am scared I may have misinterpreted
what someone has said, and then everyone else on the list will think I am
a luser.  So, I resolve to be less scared.

Linda