Sinister: made up dreams

michael grant theres_too_much_love at xxx.com
Wed Aug 7 01:31:13 BST 2002

ian watson said:

"I'm reminded of a lyric by The Stingrays (ask your grandad).

"20 years of nothing and what have I learned/I've learned nothing"

* Not that I'm saying that the correspondents below have learned nothing in
their lives. It was merely the idea of looking at yourself after 20 or so
years and taking stock"

which reminds me of lyrics from the new idlewild album.

"When days never change and it^Òs three years later
It^Òs like your life, hasn^Òt changed and it^Òs three years late
How does it feel to be three years late
and watching your youth drift away?"

from the Top Ten Smash 'you held the world in your arms'.

but anyway, i won't just come on here and throw lyrics at you. i have more
interesting things to say. and it may even take me up to fifteen minutes to
do so. :o)

helen theaker asked a question,

"I've recently been listening to Evening Session and John Peel a lot more,
and I'm pretty sure there are more radio programs out there that play some
more interesting music than the standard R1 playlist. Has anyone come across
anything they'd like to tell me about?"

well, vic galloway does a show on radio scotland on a monday night called
Air, which is very good. eclectic as hell. in a good way. and as i know a
lot of you do not live within these borders of mine, then you can go here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/scotland/musicscotland/air and there's lots of little
buttons saying 'listen again' and so on.
6music is also very good. and if you go here, http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music
you can find lots of good shows to listen to.

i have started to go on #sinister quite frequently. it's a good laugh,
y'know. also, it keeps me indoors, which is good. that way i can't spend any
more of my fast-dwindling cash reserves. another way i'm currently keeping
myself entertained is by reading lord of the rings. very good it is too.
although i am only 54 pages in. i should probably report back on how good it
is when i've read a bit more.

i went to the football on saturday. partick thistle against dundee united.
it was a nil-nil draw, but still quite entertaining. the sinister thistle
massive consisted of me, lucy, gav, starfire dave and my
(soon-to-be-)flatmate, andy. gav even bought carmats from the club shop.
that's dedication.
sinister has now (vicariously) seen two football matches in the past week or
so, what with the LA Sinister Picnic Massive having gone to see the
'soccer'. anybody else want to report back on football games? no real reason
behind this, i just think it would be fun.

right, i'm off to waste the night away on #sinister.

dangerous_mike.xx

ps - if anyone is going to see snow patrol in edinburgh tomorrow night, let
me know. give me a call if you like (07811 100 415), especially if you're
going from glasgow. we could get the bus together and have a mobile picnic.
:o)