Sinister: Children can no longer be dubbed "little shits". Now they can be diagnosed with impressive acronyms like ADHD.

John Jennings john at xxx.uk
Fri Aug 9 01:23:49 BST 2002

Hello Hello.
God i haven't posted for ages.
Why do i always start posts saying that?
Maybe because i leave so much time in between posts.
That would make sense.

My subject line gubbins is from the Guardian review for today's
television. There was a programme about children behaving badly. I
watched a few minutes of it... basically there was this one kid who
decided it was necessary to attempt to kill everyone, indeed
every*thing* that crossed his path. I immediately dubbed him a little
shit and turned over.

I went on a wee tour around Scotland a couple of weeks ago... Stirling,
Glasgow, the highlands, all the tourist attractions. I was in Glasgow on
the day of the 'big floods' and almost drowned. That was fun. I was told
by a (scottish) friend before i went that in the Highlands the locals
are very proud of being scottish and don't take kindly to being called
British. I think maybe she was joking... or maybe the snp voters hid in
hedges and behind sheep (ahem) when i walked past. I did notice that
british gas is called scottish gas in scotland though (now *that* is
progress).

Last time I posted I mentioned cleaning up cat vomit. A couple of days
later I got a (relatively) nasty email saying that i shouldn't be
dirtying the good name of cats on sinister, which is essentially a cat
friendly place (i am aware of the exceptions...)... well my cat has just
delivered three dead mice onto the carpet. I'm not entirely sure I can
keep the good name of cats alive for much longer, people.

I read that post about sinister being better back in 'the olden days'...
this confused me slightly because as far as I can remember sinister
hasn't changed much at all. The belle and sebastian content has declined
a little, but then what are we supposed to say? Short of spying on the
poor people (and i'm aware some of us do just that) we aren't going to
have new and exciting information every time we post. Well i'm not.
Ahem. I think the young man in question was just trying to get some
attention and for that he deserves our pity and indeed therapy. The
little shit.

I just ordered four cds on the internet. Thats quite a lot for one time.
The bills going to shock me. I've only bought them because all four are
albums that certain individuals think, for some reason, that I already
own. I'm trying to avoid awkwardness. Besides if people think i own
them, they must be good. Possibly.

I feel like this post was a little erratic. Its not flowing very well.
Maybe i should give up now.

JP