Sinister: smut? check. references to obscure indie bands? check. ken and l lew? check. being rude about cassarotto? check. time to press send then.

Hewitt, Stephen S.Hewitt at xxx.uk
Fri Aug 9 11:12:36 BST 2002

ello babies

david (no relation, to my knowledge anyway) said:

I was going to apologise for the fact that this post consists entirely
of childish smut and single-entendres. Then I decided not to.

which is the way it should be considering over the past week or so there
have been entendres a plenty, for example, jen said:

 John Wayne Bobbitt was going to box Joey Buttafucco

fnarr, snort, than hannahb said:

all over my chest and half a soggy biscuit

teehee, fnarr etc and the kaiser said:

gnarled buggers

takes one to know is all i have to say ;)

helen asked about radio shows.  apparently it's all about radio 3's late
junction these days, although i've yet to dip my toe in the water, "becoming
as essential as mark and lard's evening show was in the early 90s" says my
correspondent (or words to that effect, the
message-board-that-shall-not-be-mentioned on which it was posted is
currently up the spout).

luloululouboobles then said:

It also made me want to reread
Orlando, and see the film, and listen to Fox in the Snow.

which reminded me that KIKI AND HERB ARE IN THE UK!!!  they are playing at
the soho theatre on dean street (in that london) until the 17th, which
implies to me that they might be off to embra for the fringe after that,
although i have no confirmation of this.  FAAAAAAAAAAACKS IN THE
SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOW, FAAAAAAAAAAACKS IN THE SNAAAAAAAAAAOOOW, little
matchgirls etcetc...  there is http://www.kikiandherb.com if you've no idea
what i'm dribbling on aboot.

ken said:

"I DUNNOOOO"

but i think i prefer the little scottish boy shouting "COOOOMMMEE OOORRRNN"
at the start of that song, oh you know, erm, for some reason i have now
completely forgotten as in my head it's getting mixed up with "run ride the
runway" by the boo radleys (this may be due to the fact that i only have
four tapes in my bag to listen to on the bus, one is IYFS/TM, one is
TWATTYBUS/TIGGERJAMMIES and LLPJ, the third is giant steps and the fourth is
my TAPE TREE TAPE which i still haven't sent to John Jennings because i am a
bad boy).  NB the boos song does have playground type noises at the
beginning as well (i think, oh dear, just ignore this bit ;))

adam asked about replacement campbell.  well judging by recent gigs, they
have a new cellist person (name unknown (to me anyway, i bet DMCUK knows)
and sarah is doing most of the vocally bits.  he also mistyped "asthmatic
hamster" as "raspy female vocals" for some reason...

Welthorpe, Edna, Mrs went on a tour de force, and who can blame him.  if you
trawl around the beepster site for long enough you can find some old ink
polaroids hidden away there too...

Ronnie asked what tw** was.  ah, the blessed innocence of youth ;)  ask
archel, she'll tell you <carsmile runs for cover v. quickly>

idles mentioned spaceboy dream which i do like, but which was slightly
tarnished for being the music on the trailer for that fat tongued c-word's
last cookery series...

boy g and migmk and lleweth revived the ancient stylistic touch of THE
HEADING, which is always welcome, especially as migmk said:  WE'RE GOING OUT
- ON BRIGHTON PIER.  blimey i thought i was the only YY28s fan left.  look
they're doing this now: http://www.heavenevents.com/OneHitWonders.htm
scary...

unfortunately i'll not be able to join in this weekend's festivities as i am
off up north for mother's 50th birthday party, anyone got any spare nicotine
patches lying around...

Ian asked about "I'm..." songs, and having seen the answers I still don't
believe that "i'm doing fine now" by the pasadenas got to number one.
However, I'magine by john lennon should be on the list...

and with that terrible pun it's time for me to do some actual work, come
here database, mr baseball bat wants a word with you...

xoxo
CarsmileSteve

PS Oi! Alder! once a week? where are yer??

For the latest City Lit news & information, please visit our website
www.citylit.ac.uk

The City Literary Institute
Registered Office: 16 Stukeley Street, London WC2B 5LJ
Registered in England no: 2471686
Registered Charity no: 803007

PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE.
This e-mail may contain privileged or confidential information.
The message and any files transmitted with it are intended only for the use
of the recipient or organisation to whom it is addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient, no action may be taken on the
information nor may it be copied or shown to a third party and you are asked
to notify the sender named above.
Views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except
where specifically stated to be the views of The City Literary Institute.