Sinister: Today I bought a record that your new boyfriend has never even heard of

Lucy Alder lucyalder at xxx.com
Fri Aug 9 13:48:47 BST 2002

Oh dear.  Carsmile Steve screamed

“PS Oi! Alder! once a week? where are yer??”

Ahem.  I believe I said I was going to keep on posting to Sinister once a
week (no more, I wouldn’t want you getting sick of me, right?)  So, in the
spirit of recent posts, I am going to do a whole host of replying.

Mark said

“Excitedly, I scrutinised the lamp, and found SEVEN tiny spiders attached
to it! A couple of them got a bit frisky, and started abseiling like the
cutest little marines, so I moved them into a shady corner to start their
spidery lives.”

Last year, I found a nest of baby arachnids in the corner of my room.  I
put an end to their spidery lives by hovering them up.  Mwah ha ha!

Then, Linda said

“On another tack, I was watching a programme on Orlando, by Virginia
Woolf, recently, and they showed the film clip where Orlando likens
his/her lover to a "pineapple, a fox in the snow."  Any of you literary
people know if this is the first conscious grouping of those words, and is
that where the song title comes from, and therefore Stuart reads poncy
girl's books?”

The Reference Fox sez:

“In her book "Orlando", the eponymous hero(ine) refers to his Russian
Princess lover as being "like a fox in the snow" twice... Props go to Mark
for spotting this! The Reference Fox enjoyed it especially.”

I have a funny feeling ‘Mark’ is our very own Casarotto.  For more foxy
references, see http://www.fineran.demon.co.uk/basrefs/

Now Adam:

“Does anyone know what Stuart and Co. are going to do about the songs that
feature Isobel on main vocals?”

Sarah seems to have stepped right into Isobel’s shoes for the vocals.  She
did them very nicely at the last QMU gig and her arse isn’t as big as
Bel’s either.  They had a guest cellist that night, too – Rosie, I think –
but I don’t know anything about her, whether it was a one-night fling or
if it’s a long term relationship.  Or if she’s snogging any of the band.

Stevie T did some nice ink polaroids in hour of Sinister’s buffday, so I
thought I’d add one of my own.

*****

This is me in an office in West London.  It’s my first time in Sinister
Chat.  If you look very carefully at the computer screen, you’ll see
Ladylike has written ‘Honey, when I first joined Sinister, I thought you
were a girl’ and honeypie has replied ‘I am’

*****

Juicy Lucy

ps.  Who’s coming to the Winchester Club tomorrow night?

=====
The one, the only Glasgow Indie List!