Sinister: She only likes me when she gets drunk. And it would be just my lu ck; lately she's been thinking of giving up drinking.

Gardiner, Stuart Stuart.Gardiner at xxx.uk
Mon Aug 12 13:54:06 BST 2002

In the spirit of the old-timers crawling out of the woodwork, shaking their
head, muttering "I remember when it was all trees round here" and crawling
off back to their hovels, I reckon it's about time I got round to writing
something.

Hey, I've been busy you know. Spending the last week coaching / looking
after / getting annoyed with 40 kids at a korfball summer camp. So I'm now
knackered, and still probably a bit hungover from Friday night's final
party. There's nothing like setting kids a good example. And getting
blottoed, singing Bohemian Rhapsody at full blast and dressing up in each
other's clothes is nothing like setting kids a good example. After seeing me
in a tight girl's top some of them will be scarred for life.

I'll leave you for a moment to savour that mental picture.
.
.
.
.
.
I think that's quite enough of that, don't you?

As has been pointed out, we're now nearing five years old. That's mental
age, obviously. A quick look back at the first page of the archives reveals
that the old days were just as full of irrelevant five line posts, and just
as lacking in content as now. It also leaves me wondering what happened to
the two people on that page who I desperately wanted to meet, for not
entirely un-carnal reasons. Oh well.

Other early highlights include a certain Mr Miller being smutty (so no
surprises there then), whilst commenting that we would have to have more B&S
content and less random stuff now that there were a massive 174 people on
the list - http://www.missprint.org/sinister/mhonarc/199708/msg00166.html

Most of the content consisted of whether Tigermilk would ever be re-released
(Yes!), whether the Sessions at West 54th would ever be broadcast (No!),
whether Loneliness of a Middle-Distance Runner would ever be released
(Yes!), and whether B&S would ever get off their arses and do a few more
gigs (Yes!). So you see, all the questions have now been answered. If only
the band would stop doing so many interviews and let us get back to random
gossiping about them instead, it would be much more fun.

I'm another one who thinks, great as the music is, B&S fans are more
interesting. Let's face it, every time there's a gig, it's the audience that
gets reviewed not the band (particularly in the NME). So many people here
have spent the last five years getting new friends / new other halves /
random snogs, which has got to be a good thing. Not me, obviously, I'm far
too well behaved for that kind of thing.

Speaking of which, the list has been seriously lacking in smut recently.
This may or may not be connected to the recent lack of Miller, Casarotto and
Playforth. Of course, if anyone fancies creating some smut, I'm single yet
again, after what promised to be requited love turned out not to be after
all. All offers considered. Unless they come from Ken.

Big Stu

PS Due to a recent computer failure, if anyone has mp3s of either the Steve
Lamacq session version of Sleep The Clock Around from '97, or the Legal Men
/ I Am The Resurrection finale from Manchester at Easter, I'd love to hear
from you...

PPS If you still can't hear the words 'Broccoli' or 'Cannelloni' without
thinking of the list and smiling, you've been here too long.