Sinister: Saw the Datsuns, Pattern and Kaito on Tuesday

helen theaker helentheaker at xxx.com
Thu Aug 15 12:43:13 BST 2002

Hey there

I saw some bands on Tuesday, thought I'd tell you all about them. They were
all very good, but all different, a really good combination of bands.

The first was Kaito, who I've never heard before but were really good, kind
of Punk/indie, sounded a bit like Bow wow wow. I thought they must have been
a New York band (because of the style) but I spoke to the lead singer
afterwards and I think she was English.

The Datsuns were next, they've been in NME quite a lot recently. They were
really energetic and loud and they rocked. The lead singer was a bit tasty
too :). I liked their bass lines, always an important factor in a good song
for me.

Finally there was the Pattern, who were pretty good but they were really
pissed so they were a bit all over the place. The drummer was excellent. The
lead singer kept sucking his thumb and reminded me a bit of Craig Nicholls.
The rapport on stage within the band was really good as well which made it
loads of fun to watch.

Has anyone else seen any of these? Particularly Kaito, who were my favourite
band of the night.

Helen