Sinister: You missed a bit...

stout robin mr_zarabowski at xxx.uk
Thu Aug 15 14:15:38 BST 2002

Hello Sinisterines!

rockin' Rrrobyn said: <<i saw mum last night>>

I saw mum last week. And dad, too. They're alright,
you know. Dad's been doing a bit of wallpapering, and
mum's runner beans are looking fantastic...

Seriously, I think múm are okay, but I'm a bit annoyed
that I went off and bought the album after hearing
their last single on the radio. It's a case of the
single being better than the whole of the rest of the
album, I think, and I should have payed more attention
to the girl in the record shop who told me exactly the
same when I bought it. It's not bad, just a bit
wallpapery. And as we know, wallpaper is for dads.

++

In the birthday spirit, I've been looking at a few ink
polaroids. Here's the oldest one I could find:

Here's Ailsa and Kevan and Arantxa and me, in chalet
number 650. Everyone's looking a little suprised and
confused because they've never met before. Well, in
Ailsa's case the expression's more drunk and confused,
and she's holding a glass of what I think was called
String Bean Gin. There are other people here too, on
the sofabed in the background, but they've been a bit
smudged by beer drops or tear drops, I don't know
which. A lot happened that night before the polaroid
had a chance to dry.

++

Lucy and Mark were talking about SPIDERS! Well, my job
involves looking at patent applications and
occasionally someone
comes across one that’s funny and emails it to
everyone. The other day
girl who works in the baths, showers and toilets
department found a mini
ladder
with a suction pad which sticks to the inside of a
bath so that spiders
can
climb out in safety. Aww! It’s so sweet!

Here’s an artist's impression of the spider ladder at
work in a dramatic spider rescue!

1.

|_|
|_| <=ladder
| |
 *  <=scared spider

(O) <=plughole

2.

|_|
|*| <=spider in dramatic rescue action
|¯| <=ladder

(O) <=plughole

3.

 *  <=happy spider!
|_|
|_| <=ladder
| |

(O) <=plughole

hooray!

++

Do you ever think of funny things to say just when
it’s too late? This
is
what happened to me today, when I met Paul outside the
tea room;

P: Do you know what I think that stain on the floor
is?

Me: Tea?

P: No

Me: Erm...(I hate it when people make you guess stuff
when they know
you
won’t be able to.) Err... Tea?

P: Rat urine!

Me: Eh?

P: Yeah, we had rats in our house once and it looked
just like that.

Me: But how do they possibly get up here, when we’re
on the second
floor? I
mean they can’t catch the lift, can they? They won’t
be able to reach
the
buttons.

P: (enigmatically) Maybe they know someone on the
inside!

Paul goes off to make a cup of tea and I’m left
standing in the
corridor.

Me: Yeah, maybe they have FRIENDS IN HIGH PLACES! HA
HA HA! Oh! He’s
gone!
Hello boss! Er, yes, funny things these... these,
erm... bye then!

Grrr!!!

Do you see? FRIENDS IN HIGH PLACES! Ha ha!

Er, bye

Robin x