Sinister: five candles

Rachel Playforth R.Playforth at xxx.uk
Thu Aug 15 14:22:22 BST 2002

Well, we had a very civilised picnic on Saturday (although the subject
of Mark C's cock did keep rearing its ugly head. As it were.)  I also
managed to drag my hungover corse out on Sunday night for a quick
catch-up with the glorious sons (and daughters) of York, which  was all
good and gossipy.  I'm a bit late for proper Reporting Back though, so
I'll get straight on to the ephemera instead.

We're nearly five!  I'm not quite ready for my pensive birthday post
yet, so I thought we could check out some of the people with whom we
share our birthday instead:

Mother Teresa  (yes! it's true!)
Man Ray
Theodore Dreiser
Lyndon B Johnson
Confucius (explains a lot)

and

Peewee Herman (explains even more)

I can hardly wait to break out my red knickers from their special velvet
storage box and hotfoot it up to Primrose Hill next Sunday for a 5TH
BIRTHDAY PICNIC, or a mi-decennie as the French might say (but
unfortunately don't).

Bugger, I have run out of things to say.  This is what comes of whoring
your opinions round the internet - you can't even rustle up a
substantial chunk of wit and charm for the ones who started it all off
in the first place, my first love, my secret vice, my imaginary friend,
my teacher, my crush...  oops, the pensive version nearly broke in
there.  Where was I?

Oh yes.

Luv Archel xxx

PS. Linda pointed out the presence of 'fox in the snow' in Woolf's
Orlando, of course, but did she notice that the book also contains the
phrase 'extremely smutty'?  COINCIDENCE?  I don't think so.

PPS. Welcome Carl!  I believe there is some shady sinisterine called Ian
resident in Brum, but you don't want to get involved with his particular
brand of sin and depravity, trust me.  He kept a NUN in his CLOSET you
know.

Visit www.buzzwords.ndo.co.uk for the best new writing on the web.
Email submissions to buzzwords at bigfoot.com