Sinister: not gold, not silver...

Caitlin Pigtails wpsalt at xxx.com
Thu Aug 15 19:42:47 BST 2002

Ken said something in the chatroom: what sort of anniversary is a fifth
anniversary?  I mean, we know a 50th anniversary is a golden jubilee
and a 25th anniversary is a silver jubilee.  So what's a fifth
anniversary?

The answer, it appears (according to Google, at least), is: a fifth
anniversary is a Wood Jubilee.  So, if you want to send Honey a present
to mark Sinister's fifth birthday, you know what you have to do.  You
have to Get Wood.  Ahem.

Incidentally, I've probably mentioned it before, but this is one of my
favourite posts of the last five years.  Probably because it's about
the place where I walk to work every day.
http://www.missprint.org/sinister/mhonarc/199803/msg00011.html  And
it's quite funny too.

Earlier today, I was out shopping with Idleberry in preparation for the
Camera Obscura gig tomorrow (is anyone going?  I hope so).  We were in
Topshop admiring their corduroys, when a shop-worker brushed passed,
stopped, and pointed at Idles' "Study At Stow" tshirt.  "Belle and
Sebastian!" he said, and started talking to us about music for five
minutes.  He ended up offering to make Idles a Smiths mixtape, I think,
but only if she goes back to Topshop in the three days left before he
runs away to become a monk, or something.  It was all a bit bizarre
really.

This definitely didn't take fifteen minutes.  I am contrite.

love
caitlin

--
http://www.joannou.net/topofthestairs/

Sinister Recipe Tree archives:
http://www.joannou.net/topofthestairs/sinifood/

(and yes, the questionnaire is still somewhere on the site but I keep
forgetting to update it)

"When life gives us lemons, we just sit there and sulk about it, in the
  corner of the room, in a fetal position."
         - Matthew Henderson, on the Sinister mailing list.