Sinister: selling tshirts, stalking stuart murdoch, 'the boy', breaking DDR and more......

michael grant theres_too_much_love at xxx.com
Fri Aug 16 13:48:01 BST 2002

sha-sha!

hello everyone. how's things? good i hope. :o)

camera obscura are playing a gig in edinburgh tonight. but more importantly
than that, i am selling tshirts. and possibly cds. and possibly badges. how
cool is that?

i followed stuart murdoch down byres road yesterday. does that make me  a
bad man? he walked past me, and i just kinda turned round and followed him
back up the street. i know it's an obsessive stalker thing to do, but i just
couldnt help myself. he turned up roxburgh street and i thought to follow
him all the way up there might be taking things a tad too far.

should i go to reading? i can't really afford it, although i have already
bought my ticket and my friends have offered to pay train fare and
accommodation for my birthday, but....
it's just an expense i can't deal with right now. and i'd rather stay home
and be in slightly less debt than go away and have a crap weekend moaning
about having no money. and i can go see the moldy peaches in glasgow that
weekend anyway (miss kimya dawson put me on the guestlist, *namedrop*
*namedrop*).
so does anyone want a weekend ticket for reading?

a month later than originally planned, i met 'the boy' last night. to talk.
it was lovely. we just chatted for hours. it's so bizarre to feel this way
about someone, yet to feel so comfortable in their presence. now i'm just
giving him a chance to have a think. even though he knew what i was going to
say, he said that having it out in the open fucked with his head a bit. he
said i made him smile. he said i made him feel awkward, and that was a good
thing. he said he was going to be bruised today from grinning so much. it
was wonderful. i'm still expecting the 'i'm flattered, but...' speech when
he's done with his thinking, but i'm much less sure about it now than i was
this time yesterday. but i don't want to get ahead of myself. :o)

thomas asked about my birthday pre-popleague drinking. hmmm, it's a friday,
so a daytime picnic will probably be out of the question, seeing as some of
you people have proper jobs. fools. pewter pot across the road from the WSC
at 7? will that do? if anyone desperately feels the need for a picnic, then
we can meet in the botanics earlier on, but only if it's sunny.

**ink polaroid**

this one was taken in a pub on cockburn street in edinburgh this april. a
boy, having just spat mashed-up cookies over the shoes of a norwegian girl,
is clambering over tables and chairs to get to the bar. as he does so, his
ass is being grabbed by a dirty australian, among others. everyone is
laughing, smiling and being drunkenly merry.

**ink polaroid**

i tried to tell the boy about you last night, but i just couldnt find the
words. it just doesnt do you justice to say, "an internet mailing list for
belle and sebastian fans". does anyone know of a decent way to get across
the *sparkle* of sinister to the uninitiated?

i broke a DDR machine. woops. :o) my dancing is just too funky. apparently
they're waiting for a new part for the machine, but are still letting people
dance on it. fools.

right, i'm off to learn the camera obscura album word for word so i can
shout along tonight, hopefully see lots of you there,

michael.xx  (rocking his AC/DC pants off.)

ps - listen to ben kweller.
   - listen to maher halal shash baz.
   - listen to nico.
   - listen to darius. ;o)

"get out of your apartment. meet a member of the opposite sex. stop the
excessive shopping and masturbation. quit your job. start a fight. prove
your alive. if you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic." -
tyler durden.