Sinister: sin and ister united

amy longcore applekins at xxx.com
Sat Aug 17 09:41:20 BST 2002

gosh, sinister, i have a big crush on you.

so many lovely lovely posts have come this way.
here's to five MORE years and on...

my little picture looks something like this:

i'd just moved back into my folks.
i'm sitting at my brother's computer
talking to courtney owen on aol IM.
she's telling me all about sinister
and how i should join.
ya know, she's still on, but she's never
ever posted.
hi courtney :)
i look at missprint.org and i'm quite
taken. but i'd just been gettin' used to
this internet thing, TO BE FAIR, and really only
had the red album to speak of.
my internet life had been hectic enough! heh.
i think the green album had just come out maybe?
i'm quite sure i was listening to stereolab,
as i was about 65% of my time, back then.
i'm smoking cigarettes and have my hair in a bun.
i'm tired after a long day of work.
i clicked off of missprint.org and went back
to my email.

yes, a boring snapshot. girl at computer.
but, it was my first glimpse in...

i didn't join until...
last september?
almost a year now anyway.

i kept loving belle and sebastian, and my fondness
grew deeper with time. each song sweeter with every
listen. soon i'm blasting them and singing along full
stop. my brother thinks "get me away from here i'm dying"
is such a wrist slasher. he mocks it so. i keep it playin'.
i know better.

brother called 'em "sad bastard music" before jack black
ever did.
it's true.
when we saw HIGH FIDELITY in the theatre,
we laughed for about 15 straight minutes after
jack cracked that joke. jack was so like my brother
there. even used his line. yeesh.

i've turned some other people on to them.
most recently, my friend adam.
i need to pace it tho.
i got him into the smiths a few months ago,
and you don't wanna know the newfound MOZ
passion i've had to endure from this boy.

i bought JOHNATHAN DAVID for adam, but it was stolen,
along with all his other cds, not long ago.
this was a sad story.

i miss all the sinister people i've met.

people keep talking about ivor cutler now.

people also keep talking about fallen dreams.
ugh.
don't remind me.

i think i'm gonna go ahead and get an APPLE TATTOO.
uh huh. just a little apple. not unlike myself.
the applecore.
it's all quite silly, which satisfies.

i wanted to interject on some current discussions,
but i haven't the fuel at the moment.
just know, that if i were sharing a drink with you,
over a pub table or at a couch in some sinister living room,
i'd be conversing with so many of you and reveling
in your bright thoughts.
well. i don't really need the drink.
that just seems appropriate is all.

the peel tracks are great! <-- $0.02

it's true.

every day i make my way through the streets of your town...

love,
amy, maddie's flower and archel's maykins

p.s. now that ken has beaten his queery into the ground,
might i do the same with mine?
WHAT'S UP WITH THE RACHELS MIX TAPE?
i cannot wait for it to get into ken's dirty little paws!
p.p.s. thanks linda & honey, big cans of glam to you!

"rrobyn fadden has the BEST electronic mail sign off ever!
i'll never tire of it!" ~amy longcore