Sinister: Jesus Don't Want Me to Sleep on a Sunbeam

mmm skyscraper aorta47 at xxx.com
Tue Aug 20 20:24:19 BST 2002

Hi Sinister.

Do you seem to notice the word 'sinister' alot more
since you've joined this list? It seems that
everything I read now that word is there.

The question 'Where does the summer go?' has inspired
me to relisten to TIJAMRS ep again. A very nice ep,
even if it never did see a proper US release. Argh.
I'm seem to pay all this money for imports now a days.

B&S was mentioned in Entertainment Weekly this week. A
worth rag to be sure. They had a blurb about James
Yorkston and the Athletes album 'Moving Up Country'
and said that great bands come from Scotland including
Orange Juice, Aztec Camera,Teenage Fanclub, B&S, and
Travis. Not so sure about Travis, but their cover of
'Baby One More Time' is funny. Anytime B&S are
mentioned in print is a good thing. And the James
Yorkston stuff I've heard is pretty good also.

I'm hearing good stuff about Interpol. So, hot or not?
It seems that every band out of NYC is being tipped as
the saviors of rock'n'roll.

Mark