Sinister: apologies and ink polaroids

kevancooke at xxx.com kevancooke at xxx.com
Thu Aug 22 00:34:36 BST 2002

Hello folks,

Long time no post.  Unless you include an accidental "reply" a few moments
ago, which may or may not have hit your inbox/digest/archive by now.
Apologies.  In my defense, the mouse seems to have a mind of its own at the
moment.

All the birthday messages and ink polaroids recently have awakened me from
lurking slumber, and prompted me to pluck a dusty old photo album from the
attic.  Here are a few ink polaroids that I found at the back.  They're all
from a few years ago, from before I got my camera.

** INK POLAROIDS START ***

The first one was taken on Oxford Street in September 1998, on the day that
I first met other listees.  There I am standing to the left of HMV's
doorway, the unkempt one in old man's trousers and a Looper T-Shirt.  To the
right of the doorway is visiting Brazilian listee Andre Vieira.  We have
arranged to meet outside the shop and have been standing on either side of
the entrance for five minutes.

I found the next one in the middle of some pictures from Bowlie.  It is a
little out of focus, and may have been taken by mistake, as it appears to be
a picture of the floor.  There are several red wine stains on the carpet,
and each of them has been covered in a hillock of salt.

This one was taken in the Poetry Cafe.  Stevie Trousers, Tim Hopkins, Steady
Mike, Pam and Sez are sitting at the table near the door.  They are all are
smiling for the camera, except for Tim who seems to have been leering like a
mad goon at the precise moment when the picture was taken.  There are quite
a few people in the background that I don't recognise, apologies to any of
you who are on the list.

Now, this one seems very familiar.  It's a picture of me stood at the bottom
of Primrose Hill gazing towards the top with an Unwins bag in my hand, and a
look of terror in my eye.

I did find a few pictures of Sinister footie in the park and on the beach,
but I'll have to hide them, as the FA would probably have to start
proceedings against Mark Casarotto and Ally Cook if they saw the obvious
look of intent in their eyes, as they went lunging into some "overzealous"
tackles.

*** INK POLAROIDS END ***

Well, that's my lot.

Bye,