Sinister: Hey, where have you been? it's so good to see you again...

elenita 99 elenita99 at xxx.com
Thu Aug 22 16:47:01 BST 2002

Hello, I am back. Just in time for the 5th birthday of Sinister, it seems.

I don't know how was the weather this summer in your respective countries,
but here in Paris it has been crap. Like cold, wet and windy, generally
speaking. So most of the time, no barbecues, no picnics, no sunbathing in
the park and all these things you do in summertime. Which is a bit tough
when you have no holidays and you are stuck in the office.

I moved out from London about 9 months ago now, and it seems like years.
Paris is OK, I suppose, I am getting used to it again. Well to some of it:
the pretty sights, the many bars and clubs, the good cinemas, finding my
favorite cheese at the supermarket, my lovely flat.

What I am not getting used to, I think, is being in my own country again.
People are so French over here (can't blame them really, it's genetic, and
so am I). After almost 3 years of living abroad, it feels like no fun
anymore being home. Nothing is different, nothing is surprising, nothing is
annoying, nothing is terribly exciting or scary or weird. I suppose that,
more than not liking smelly Paris, is being away that I miss.

Talking of foreign countries, I am going away soon, on holidays for a week
in Italy. And I am flying out on Friday 13th. Scary. Planes are scary
already, flying on a Friday 13th is scarier.

I will be wearing red knickers on Red Knickers Day, of course. And also this
new pair of sexy red shoes that I bought a few weeks ago, to add to my
collection.

Have fun this weekend, with picnics, meetings and stuff and all. And don't
forget your knickers, any visual proof will be of course of interest (at
least to me)

Byebye now,
Elena

I didn't actually mean to moan, but I realise it might sound like it. For a
comeback post, I am being a bit rubbish. Please forgive me, or not.