Sinister: Uri! Don't bend me!!!!!!

Kenneth P Y Chu pykachu100 at xxx.com
Thu Aug 22 19:44:12 BST 2002

Hello sinister,

Some people would say that 5 glorious years of sinister has made for a huge
generation gap to have developed on the list.  Namely between the "old
Guards" and the "Young Blood".

Generation gaps are funny things, like how it can make different words and
phrases to end up having the same meanings, for example how

"Guards" can mean the same as "And Passed Its"
and
"Blood" can mean the same as "Whippersnappers"

.. anyway, you'd think that people become older and wiser as they age, but
they don't!  Let's take two case studies.

*****************************
Case Study 1:
STEVIE TROUSERS said that the

***5th Aniversary Sinister Picnic***
Happens on SUNDAY, which is CORRECT and then confused everyone by talking
about how places are busy on SATURDAY.  SILLY MAN!

Just to confirm what the wise young Sam Walton said, the picnic is indeed
happening on Sunday!  SO DON'T TURN UP ON SATURDAY, unless you want to
practice climbing up Primrose Hill to prepare for the big day.  I guess it
can be embarassing to be stuck at the bottom of the hill on Sunday due to
lack of Hill Climbing practice!

*****************************
Case Study 2:
CARSMILE STEVE

is a well respected, married man, you'd think that such a sagacious man
would be behaving himself and be acting always within the boundaries of the
law.  But NO!  In fact he was a bad bad bad man and is now in court!  Look
what I've found on the Metro (london newspaper) today...

http://uk.geocities.com/ken_the_juggler/carsmile.html

Tut Tut.

*****************************
Which brings us back to doh!  or the question set by Nathan Reader...

>>it would be interesting to find out what the ages of vary from of everyone
>>on the sinister list. If you... think you are a contender for the oldest
>>(don't be ashamed), please tell us all, or just me.<<

The answer is a good lurker friend of mine AuntSadie!
auntsadie at missprint.org (i believe), she is 82, you know!  She never posts
but do write her, she also comes to #sinister chat very often!  So come
visit her by going to chat!

See some of you on SUNDAY!  And also you get to see my DJing DEBUT!  oh my.
You can all embarass me when I mess up, or the girls can all fall in love
with my exquisite music choice mmmmm.

Old geezers and Red Bulls
Ken