Sinister: if you're feeling..... left-handed??

ian hobart at xxx.uk
Fri Aug 23 15:34:53 BST 2002

hello my little sexpigs,

i found out something very eeenteresting today, my dears.  did you know that
sinister means 'left-handed'?  apparently the etymyoloymylogical root of the
word is something to do with holding one's shield on the left side or
somesuch.

 quite how this evolved to mean 'perturbing, in a worrying, scurrying,
flurrying sort of way' (in the World Of Common Usage) and 'a bit peed off,
'cos no-ones listening to me' (in the World Of Struan Murdochette) and 'a
bunch of corduroy-wearing tweeists who dance with wobbly head side-to-side
yah!' (in Our World) is one of the Mysteries Of Time.

this sunday, of course, i shall be insisting everyone holds their drinks
with the sinister hand.  and i shall be inspecting your underwear, and it
had better be the correct shade of red, otherwise

erm...

otherwise..

otherwise Marie will lose her voice again and Uncle Remus will have to Save
The World.

and you don't want THAT on your conscience.

well, my loves, its been a frustrating day.  the only plan i had was to
download a life-size picture of jeff stryker (look, if you don't know who he
is, just ask Stephen Hewitt) from the modern electrical interweb.
unfortunately, there's been a fucking nun on my computer all morning.
not a fucking nun literally, you understand.  that might be forgiveable.  at
the very least i could take pictures, mark 'em up and sell 'em on.

she spent at least two hours looking at
www.winkingjesus.com
and enthusing over
www.jesusdance.com

and, in the end, i gave her drugs to get rid of her.
i've shoved her back in the shed with the man trap on.  she may be a bride
of christ, but I am the one who needs something blue.

anyway, i've posted enough lately.  some would say too much.  so i'll go,
and leave you with this thought.

i hope you got that thought.  i've never been great at telepathy.

xx
ian