Sinister: I was like, you know, surprised, I was like, totally happy for a day in 1975

Ben Apps benapps at xxx.com
Mon Aug 26 19:31:49 BST 2002

Dearest Sinister Chums,

PARAGRAPH 1

Having just gone through the unusual experience of moving house while on a
holiday of sorts, I now find myself writing to you from, as Dr Pete Venkman
calls it in Ghostbusters II, southern California's beautiful San Fernando
Valley. Like where, oh my gawd, everyone like totally is rilly rilly like uh
"he was all...and she was all...and it was grody to the max" Well not really
but that's the myth that Chris Farley and Adam Sandler and a slew of 80's
teen comedies would have you believe. If however you are from the locality
and having trouble grasping non-valley variations of the English language,
then I have found the indispensible resource you need:
http://www.80s.com/Entertainment/ValleyURL

PARAGRAPH 2

The London brigade may have stolen a march on all this 5th anniversary red
knicker business. But here is where the new world order of this transglobal
underground strikes back.

What I am trying to say is that there will be a PICNIC this coming Saturday,
August 31st in the sumptuous surroundings of the Arruyo Seco, next to the
Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California. Meet at Gate A  (
http://www.rosebowlstadium.com/seating2.htm ) of the Rose bowl (which is at
the southern most end) at 3pm. When all stragglers are accounted for we'll
find a shady spot of grass to picnic and chat on. Those with an athletic
disposition are more than welcome to join me in a kickabout :) Coincidently
the LA Galaxy Soccer team have a match at the Rose Bowl that evening againt
the New York/New Jersey Metro Stars, which a couple of us will be going
along to. It's a snip at $13, but don't forget to bring a coat or a jumper
as it'll be getting cooler by the time the game finishes around 9pm. The
plan once inside the Stadium is to get the crowd cheering the team on to the
tunes of B&S. I think TBWTAS or JATDOH would fit pretty well....and if the
pet shop boys and the lightning seeds can do it, we can too!

PARAGARPH 3

If you think you might come along, or need directions or fancy an online
game of chess or something, give me a tinkle at benapps at hotmail.com or
mither 'er indoors at blind_lisa at yahoo.com . I guess I should encourage the
wearing of red undies too, but it's not obligatory to wear any ;)

I think that's it, apart from to mention that I anticipate some in-depth
reporting back from the London brigade in the next couple of days.

Goodbye goodbye goodbye

Ben S BApps