Sinister: happy birthday us

Rachel Playforth R.Playforth at xxx.uk
Tue Aug 27 14:49:41 BST 2002

You say it's your birthday... it's my birthday too yeah.

The Sinister garden has indeed produced all manner of exotic blooms and
rampaging, unruly weeds in the last five years.  And whatever the modest
darling might say, it would have been just a nasty old patch of empty
scrubland without Honey's and Linda's gentle watering and pruning.  But
as it is I think we can all proudly accept the Best Kept Garden In
Cyberspace on behalf of the Sinister Village :)

I'm sure I wasn't the only one with a wee lump in my throat on Sunday as
a roomful of familiar voices were raised in song and Ken blew out our
five candles on the underwear-adorned cake so lovingly baked by Liz...

... but of course, we were all pissed as newts, so you can't read too
much into that.

The weather had smiled on Primrose Hill that day (by the time we
actually hauled our collective ass up there from the pub), and there was
football and frisbee and trying not to swear in front of our youngest
(but by far the coolest) picnicker, Hazel.  Then there was dancing and
gossip and sweat and all that sordid business.  BOYS made ME blush on
TWO separate occasions during the evening, so you can imagine how
debauched it must have been.  Sadly I had to leave early to ensure my
sober, dignified presence in Brighton by the time The In-Laws arrived.
I will leave it to other pens/keyboards to describe the rest.

But to paraphrase Hilaire Belloc, I hope it will be said: 'OUR PANTS
WERE SCARLET, BUT OUR POSTS WERE READ'.

I must go now, as I have urgent business to attend to in Birmingham.  It
may be dangerous (business in Birmingham usually is).  If I come back
alive, I'll tell you all about it.

luv Archel

Visit www.buzzwords.ndo.co.uk for the best new writing on the web.
Email submissions to buzzwords at bigfoot.com