No subject

Rob S. geniusoflove at xxx.com
Wed Aug 28 14:57:32 BST 2002

oh sinister,

my cat is throwing up yellow bile all over my (already) stained carpet as I
write this, giving me a weird sort of inspiration.
I've been caught in such a slump this summer, not that it hasn't been great
fun, it's just been so... disillusioning???
I guess apathy would be the most appropriate word to describe it, though i
don't want to cheapen the feeling or make it cliche by applying such a
tweeish and oh-so-early-twenties word to it.
sometimes everything just looks so bleak and hopeless, and god, society is
such a hole.
I agree terribly much with Mr.James Danson-Hatcher, and his thoughts on the
current state of our culture. it's especially easy to see where I live, all
of the independently run establishments have been driven out by big faceless
box-stores, and the awful suburban sprawl just keeps growing and growing...
but i refuse to fall prey to nostalgia, so looking back is forsure not the
answer.
(what is though?)

on the opposite end of these darkday feelings, i sometimes get so caught up
in the whole random beauty of it all that i feel like imploding (??).
just like misc. bus rides or skies that don't ever end or smoking a joint on
a sunny Saturday morning with your best-friend and playing piss-ants for a
day.

and things like:

>and that autumn won't stay away forever.
>
>i miss sweater weather. i miss wearing long woolly scarves with occasional
>yellow leaf stacked on it. i miss feeling rain on my face and hands. i miss
>the sounds that wind makes when it's angry. i miss cats meowing to me on
>dark alleys. i miss meowing them back. i miss chestnuts dropping. i miss
>piles of colourful leaves and me in them. i even miss struggles with
>umbrellas outside in the cold rain.
>i miss those who i love. a constant ache it is. i'm afraid that i start to
>forget all these small things i like about my friends if i don't see them
>that often. but it's not so bad  because i still want to remember all those
>things. i want to keep in contact and tell them things about everyday life.
>i want to make them happy. and i know they feel the same way about me and
>that is a most important thing in friendship. that and trust.

(etc.etc.etc.)

yes sinister chumps,
this wee list does remind one of the more appealing aspects of life, and for
that I'm a pap-happy boy.
so yes, these past couple weeks have been great, and it feels like I've been
crawling out of a dirty ditch I've been in for quite long enough, (though in
ways I was glad to be there)

hope everybody is at least feeling.
enjoy the end of summer!!

,
rob

p.s.  good news,
  Calvin Johnson is playing a show at my house!!
how ridiculous!!!!!!
so anyone in the Hamilton area e-mail me and come down.