Sinister: Singing in the Bus

oon oooon at xxx.com
Wed Aug 28 17:58:12 BST 2002

Happy 5 years to us!  i really shouldn't be writing
anything outside homework right now but how can i not
commemorate this special occasion.  even not thinking
of the entertainment we have, to do/be with something
for 5 years is quite an achievement in itself!

not having sharp enough memory/language skill to
effectively decribe my impression of the good time
here, the only thing i can do is send Thai news
again.  this time is about a bus (probably the most
b&s related thing i've ever write!) the tv news
today have a report on this bus that could be called
a mobile Stars in Your Eyes.  the bus driver and
the bus conductor like singing very much.  they
decided to equip their bus with full karaoke devices
- tv, vcd player, sound system, microphone (wireless,
if i see correctly), bus (pun by foreigner!) loads of
karaoke songs in many kinds of music.  the bus conductor
will announce from times to times if any passenger
would like to sing and which song, then arrange
singing queqe so that everyone will get to sing
before the bus reaches their destination.  then
the news show clips of passengers singing.  then
the bus conductor singing.  too bad the driver
don't get to sing too.  he must sacrifice for
the safety of the world.

i'm celebrating the 5 years too.  because there's no
one else here, i have to celebrate on my own.  first
by quiting my painful job, at last!  after being
here for five years too.  coincidence?  probably,
but it's good point all the same.  there've been
various outings to celebrate my independence.  this
is by all means the most grown up decision i've ever
made in my life.  i now finally feel as grown up
as people my age feel, i think.  then, Pet Shop Boys
came to town early on. they played loads of new and
old favourites and i was so happy to get to hear
them live.  weird that people from different area
of the arena had totally different opinions of
the show.  ranging from walking out after 5 songs
to overly overjoy (me!).  the length of stay in
the beer garden outside might contribute to that
but not really much.

i'm so looking forward to next week because i won't
have to go to work any more.  thus, all the time in
the world to do my beloved homework.

this feels like the beginning of a new era.  not just
because of being jobless but also because the tiny
thing that have been annoying my vision for years
have finally been removed today.  rather painful but
very good mentally.  next goal is to make myself
wear glasses and see the world clearly as it actually
is.  actually, i don't really want to see the world
clearer i only want to see the stair clearer and
hopefully less intimidating.

must go back to homework before i start another
diary.

good times to you all,
oon xx