Sinister: Los Angeles Area Listees, CHU are KENvited!

Rachel fruitloop blind_lisa at xxx.com
Thu Aug 29 19:59:45 BST 2002

HELLOOOOOOOO SINISTER!

I'm writing this just as a reminder to anyone in the Los Angeles
area, so if that's not you, don't bother reading any further and I'll
try not to include any of my hilarious* puns or phrases that you
might feel you missed out on later!

Alrighty then, You might remember that Ben Apps and I are trying to
organize a Red Knicker Day Picnic, and afterwards, attending the L.A.
Galaxy Soccer Match--this Saturday at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena. Even
if you never ever post, we'd love to see you there. I'm quite
serious. Even if you can only come for the picnic part, or only for
the soccer part, we'd be so excited if you'd join us!  Bring friends!

The plan is this: We shall meet at GATE A of the Rose Bowl at 3pm. I
am recognizable by my short shaggy turquoise blue hair and my clean
close shave. Ben is not recognizable by either of these things, but
he'll be there, too. We hope to find a nice shady patch visible to
Gate A to spread out a blanket and enjoy a nice picnic. This means
that if you're planning to attend, you should probably bring
something to eat and/or drink (hence the name "picnic"). Red knickers
are optional, but a lot of fun to wear, so I would recommend it.
Around 6 pm, we will be thinking about organizing some ticket
purchases for the L.A. Galaxy match for that evening. If you just
want to join us for the soccer, then if you arrive by 6, we should be
in good shape. The game should be over by 8:45, and you should be out
of there by 9:15 (I'd say at the latest), depending on traffic.
Tickets may be purchased for $13 - $20 but we will work that out when
we're all present as I know that there will be 2 season ticket
holders in attendance (woo! Joe! Adrian!) Ben's plan is to start some
good ol' fashioned British-stylee football chants to the tune of B&S
songs... we'll see how this goes down. At the very least it will be
entertaining to watch Ben do it. Plus, some of the other fans in the
stands will be almost as engrossing as the game, so even if you don't
follow soccer, you'd probably have fun anyway.  It's an experience.
Oh, and this is also your last chance to meet Ben this summer before
he returns to London. Sure, he'll be back sometime towards the end of
the year to stay and marry me, but "vacation Ben" is so alluring, you
shouldn't pass up the opportunity to be in his presence!

Let me or Ben (benapps at hotmail.com) know if you are planning to
attend either portion of our meetup so we can look out for you, or
even if you're just entertaining the idea. We can try to answer any
questions that you might have.

Savin' all my love for you (and CHU!),
Rachel fruitloop

*may be interchanged with "dorky"