Sinister: I've got my philosophy - it keeps my feet on the ground.

Sam Walton samwaltonyeah at xxx.com
Mon Dec 2 14:52:06 GMT 2002

Hello Sinister.

My life trundles on, although some people's don't. But that's not important
right now. Click delete - these are just some anecdotes from the last coupla
weeks.

///SQAURE EYES\\\
It's been quite a week for me. See, I had lots of assignments all due in
today at midday, so I've been sat in front of a computer for ages. It wasn't
fun.

///THE PERKS OF THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER\\\
So I read "The Perks of being a Wallflower", by Stephen Chbsoky. I didn't
much like it, to be honest. I didn't much like Charlie, either; he was like
a pathetic version of Holden Caulfield. At least Holden Caulfield was
all-mouth-no-trousers - this character didn't even have much mouth. I guess
it's just not as good as Catcher In The Rye, and although it's a bit unfair
to compare it to a classic, that is something that literature whores like me
do. At least I read it.

On a more positive note, I read "A Wild Sheep Chase" by Haruki Murakami. You
all should, too. It's a brilliant book, but that's just my opinion - what do
I know?

///WHEN I WAS A BOY I WAS CONFOUNDED BY YOU\\\
I bumped into a teenage crush of mine the other day, which I must tell you
was strange. She's just started at my univeristy, and we just bumped into
each other in a bar one night. I still fancy her too, which surprised me,
because I've changed quite a lot since I was 17. I suspect that she still
doesn't fancy me. It might be time to dig out "The Bends" once again.

///TEXAS HOLD-UP\\\
Ken mentioned the playing cards. I bought mine about five weeks ago, and
they still haven't arrived. I emailed Banchory about it but didn't hear
back, and the Post Office reckon they're "lost". Great. Ken also mentioned
Poker, which is a brilliant game. I'd be up for a Texas Hold-up, Late Night
Poker style marathon when I get back to London in a couple of weeks. Anybody
else?

///VICTORY ROSE\\\
I'm also among the many who are enjoying the new Sigur Ros album. Recently,
however, I've been indulging in a bit of Ben Folds Five nostalgia - they
used to be one of my favourite bands. The first two albums are the best, but
they so often are, aren't they? You should listen to them.

///THE BEST IMMITATION OF MYSELF\\\
In my last post
(http://www.missprint.org/sinister/mhonarc/200211/msg00086.html), I said
that my next post would look like this:
http://www.missprint.org/cgi-bin/anylistsearch.cgi?query=asm%3B+top+10&list=sinister&smode=Phrase,
or like this:
http://www.missprint.org/cgi-bin/anylistsearch.cgi?query=asm%3B+top+10&list=sinister&smode=Phrase.
But it doesn't. It looks more like this:
http://www.missprint.org/sinister/mhonarc/200212/msg00005.html, all of
which is highly self-referential, but if I don't quote me, nobody will. With
any luck, my *next* post will look as billed.

"With any luck"; that's what it so often comes down to. What a load of
bollocks.

~,

Asm.x

     "He's strictly a pain in the ass, but