Sinister: The Perils of Being a High School Senior

elizabeth trawick heartxdan at xxx.com
Sat Dec 7 01:37:52 GMT 2002

Hi Sinisters.

It's been a while, hasn't it?

I was blowing up balloons at work today and one of them popped.  Well, the
whole balloon didn't pop.  Just the bottom.  I have a habit of closing in
air between the opening and the actual balloon part...  What a horrible
thing!

My teacher played some music the other day from Ireland or Scotland.  I
can't remember which because I've a horrible memory, but I remember looking
to my friend Laura and the both of us saying "Oh, that sounds like Belle and
Sebastian!".  It did indeed sound like them.  Nice and comfy-like.  I
enjoyed everything my teacher played that day.  At the end of the class I
told her that my friend and I were both reminded of Belle and Sebastian and
that she ought ('you can't get an "ought" from an "is"', and I don't know
why I put that there ;) to listen to them.  I asked if she would like to
borrow a cd.  She replied yes.  With a smile, no less!  I've been trying to
find a way to get her into Belle and Sebastian since I found out she's a
Simon and Garfunkle fan.  Hee.  Well.  Today I brought Dog On Wheels for her
to listen to.  I told her that my favourite song by them is String Bean Jean
(oh goodness, there are so many reasons why!) and that she should especially
pay attention to it.

I was very frightened that I wouldn't have my cd back.  She was leaving for
New York this afternoon and she hadn't given it back to me by the end of the
day.  Oh, but she did give it back to me just in time!  She found me in
Computer App.  She put the cd in my hand and told me "I liked it.  All of
it."  with a big toothy grin.  I couldn't help but smile and ask "Really?".
I offered to let her borrow a full-length cd and she said she would love to
(in her own words, hee).  Oh, the joys...

My trip to Glasgow is inching ever closer.  I'm getting very excited right
now.  I can hardly stay put in my seat!  I should be excited because I'm
spending time with my boyfriend over there, but oh goodness...  I'm more
excited about Scotland!  What an awful girlfriend I must be!  Perhaps I can
(and more than likely will!) meet a few of you out there.  That would be
terribly exciting!

Ah, I must get going now.  There is hair to be dealth with and clothes to be
changed!  And also a few Orlando Bloom pictures to be looked at (but that's
just between you and me)...

xoxo,

Elizabeth

p.s.  I bought myself a pair of knee-high socks (someone posted about them
once!) and I quite like them.  They're only black.  Perhaps I will take the
plunge and get the baby blue pair I've been wanting so badly!