Sinister: I Wonder What The Working Title Of The New Album Is?

David Moore david_moore at xxx.uk
Sat Dec 7 11:52:55 GMT 2002

Hi All,

I've been thinking of writing to you for quite a while, but I didn't have
much to say. I still don't know whether that's changed - I'll let you
decide.

I don't think it's been mentioned here, or in that other place that the
Dirty Vicar finds more exciting, but there has been a little Belle And
Sebastian activity apart from them recording a new album, getting the Horn,
etc. A bloke called Ben Vaughn released an album called Glasgow Time on
Francis Macdonald's Shoeshine records www.shoeshine.co.uk and a bloke called
Stevie Jackson contributed backing vocals & played bass & harmonica on it.
It's OK. Francis M has put out his own album (as Nice Man) called
Sauchiehall And Hope and a nice girl called Sarah Martin took the
photographs on the cover. Its pretty nice.

The Shoeshine empire's best recent release by far is of course Laura
Cantrell's When the Roses Bloom Again (I think you have to look at
http://www.shoeshine.co.uk/Roses%20page.htm for that one). WOW!.

That was a bit on topic really, wasn't it? Ok then, lets get off:

One of my favourite musicians is playing two shows in London soon (& now
that he lives in Sweden that doesn't happen very often). Ant, formerly
drummer with the former Hefner, will be at the Betsy Trotwood on the 19th of
December. Jack Hayter will support, Darren Hayman will play records. I
suspect John will lurk about too.

Then on the afternoon of the 21st Ant plays RoTa, in the Notting Hill Arts
Club, with some other dudes. You could listen to some of his stuff at
www.antpop.com , but I recommend going in any case.

There's a Ant song on a Swedish compilation called Hit Music Only, which
also contains a Sodastream song that you can't get anywhere else. If that's
of interest try http://home6.swipnet.se/~w-67927/index.html for more info.

I hope I'll see some of you lovely people this evening, & more of you next
weekend.

Take care of yourselves,

Love,

David Moore