Sinister: gooD thinGs wiLL coMe foR those Who wAit...

velocity farewell velocity_girl_is at xxx.uk
Mon Dec 9 15:37:26 GMT 2002

but... but I can't wait (sitting around) forever,
 like Kevin R. says.. I hope I've written the lyrics
right.
Seems that patience is a very rare virtue... I'd say,
a quite overated virtue... what does it help us with?
I'd say patience is the other side of the coin: that
of defeatism... or a better name given to a real
virtue this time... the one of 'lazyness'...
Kasimir Malevich said that lazyness was the natural
state of humans and he wrote a book about it too!
But, the times of sheer genious are long over... the
times where people would meet over in little cafés to
talk about their passions and the "The Non-Objective
World", the worlds of will and ideas, belong to
history... walking around, talking with people,
reading, looking, observing, this special 'something'
is lost... instead, we have mediocrity, and what
follows mediocrity, indulgence and tolerance...
In music too... how hard is it to make 'good' music in
nowadays? not hard at all... all you need is to know
your references, i.e., your shite... then you do a bit
of 'copy and paste' here and a bit of 'mending and
patching' there, and there you go... you're on the
cover of NME...
And God forbade if you listen to something original!!
Its boldness and innovation will scare you away... the
bad reviews will eventually have the same effect. Or
like Debord said, "represantation replaced life" and
"experts' opinions replaced our own senses"...
In other words, catch originality before it's
recuperated...
Main title: Young Soul Rebels
Soul sounds and punk from 1977: Parliament: 'P. Funk
Wants To Get Funked Up' and X-Ray Spex: 'Identity'.
        'Soul Patrol on 107 FM... uncut funk
                 across London town...'
A parenthesis...
There's a band called MickTravis... they've got a 7"
released... titled "Yvonne"... If you feel bold and
innovative you should listen to it...
But do not if you feel like the crowd in Malevich's
exhibition, thinking "Everything which we loved is
lost. We are in a desert ... Before us is nothing but
a black square on a white background!" ... 'coz there
are more than that... what an idea to mix painting
with music, eh? it's not the first time and it won't
be the last...
It's just that I was fed up with all the sulky, lil'
twee hymns and sobberings, and I thought well, let's
take it out... let it breath for heavens sake...
And with my ucas application for 5 fine arts schools
in London, I'll wave goodbye - for now - screaming
"art schools englighten us ablaze..."...

'Let The Music Play'.

The laughter and the dance continue over:

                                END

 vel

"WaR is the last possible creative act", Mick Travis,
"IF"