Sinister: "cigarrettes, icecream......"

hannah brown pass_the_peas85 at xxx.com
Thu Dec 12 13:16:56 GMT 2002

i was on my way to college as usual yesterday. It was cold and i was
avoiding the usual hubub of angry people and crossing the many roads i have
to cross to get to my destination. I came to a wide road and i looked left,
looked right and saw that everything was clear so i crossed. Just as i came
near the to the curb this idoit screeched right up to my legs. In the space
of about a second i was leaning on the boot of his car. God only knows how
he managed to break so quickly but if he was any slower i would have gone
hurtling in the air. I turned round and all i could manage to do was loosly
wave my wooly mittened hand at him and shout " you fucking idiot, you
fucking idiot". He shrugged his shoulders a bit and screeched off again. I
carried on walking and realised my patheticness, then fantasised about
smashing his window and grabbing his grubby neck and shaking him up. Then i
cried a bit coz i was wearing stupid mittens and a duffle coat which is
hardly likely to scare a three year old let alone a boy racer.

On the way back from college (now carrying 4 big sketch books and an A1
folder) i watched the behaviour of the people at my bus stop.  Most people
had adopted the same vacant stare like they had all been zapped with the
same kind of electric prod, i looked in my reflection and saw that same
stare on my own face. My bus came and i got shoved about, recieving the odd
"TUT" for having a very inconvienient sized folder with me. I then
fantasised that all the people on the bus ( bar me and the bus driver) got
rounded up on a big ferry where they would be transported to a large island
far far away, i dreamt of waving them all goodbye and laughing to myself.

Today i went to college again. I bought two cups of tea from the bar and was
served by a sweet fair haired chap with soft skin and a friendly smile. I
then fantasised about moving to Edinborough and eating tangerines by the
fire.

fanasies, it's a dangerous way to have fun

hannah b