Sinister: sleepwalking and dirty dreams

anakin_sky at xxx.net anakin_sky at xxx.net
Thu Dec 12 14:34:57 GMT 2002

> i have been listening to incredable amounts of INTERPOL lately - right now
> i am stuck on the last song on the cd - which would be - Leif Erikson -
> the words and the music completely fit the entire mood that i am in right
now
> - his voice is so thick and hollow sounding - it sounds like it is
eminating
> from this deep well of dispair - large and looming over every failed
relationship
> and torrid romance - i am so in love with this record

yeah, it's a wonderful record...i would say it's majestic. so powerful and
beautiful. and their gig i went to in october was just incredible, one of
these moments where you feel completely overfilled with happiness. it never
ceases to amaze me that music can do this to you... erm, yes.

someone else on this list (sorry, forgot who it was) was talking about a
teacher and belle & sebastian... this morning we talked about music with my
spanish teacher and it turned out that he loves them! yay! weird, though,
you sit in a spanish class and someone asks the teacher what he's got in his
minidisc player right now, and he says belle & sebastian, and you just
gasp...hm. nice. he's a very cool guy anyway.

talking about b&s, richard's dj-set at the smile birthday in manchester
recently was fantastic. this city needs someone like him who doesn't play
"indie" stuff you can hear everywhere else. i think. but then i've only been
here
for 3 months and haven't seen everything yet. although a lot... i'm still
looking for a club night with more american indie pop, indie rock, postrock
etc....but maybe that's too specialized. or something. whatever.
yet another person on this list (hannah?) was talking about all tomorrow's
parties...really think i might go this year.
i've actually managed to post all my sinister christmas exchange gifts, yay.
wonder what i will get...
anyway, i wish everyone happy christmas days!
anne.