Sinister: summer vacation lasts forever

. alex . mess_up_my_hair at xxx.com
Sat Dec 14 12:21:21 GMT 2002

Hello Sinister,

I am listening to the All Girl Summer Fun Band as I type this - sunny girlie
american pop songs, apt for the summery weather that I'm in the midst of
here. No cute girls in winter clothes here, I'm afraid.

Last night I went to a friend's 18th birthday, a fancy dress party. Failing
to find anything "fancy" or "dress" in my wardrobe, I decided to go as a
schoolgirl (with regulation knee-length skirt, of course!). Two other girls
stole my idea: I wasn't impressed. One boy came as The Phantom, another as a
race car driver, some girls as 60s mod girls. There was one boy there who
came as a punk circa 1985. It was the most impressive dress-up effort I'd
seen, right down to the fingerless studded leather gloves and godawful wig.
So I decided to talk to him only to discover his penchant for bad American
emo bands like Saves The Day and Alkaline Trio. But even so, that was
comparatively better than the musical tastes of the majority of other people
at the party.

So here I was, drunken and rambling, writing him a list of all these bands
he should listen to. Then I asked him the magical question: "Do you like
Belle & Sebastian?", to which he answered, "yes, I have 'If You're Feeling
Sinister'" :) It made my night. Now I want to try and convert the emo boy to
lots of good bands...

xox Alex (who is sitting at home on a saturday night and not entirely
feeling sorry for herself for a change)

I took your advice and fixed my radio
But I can't find anything that sounds good anymore
http://www.geocities.com/veruca_salt_97/
http://darlingalex.diaryland.com/