Sinister: nonsense

Retro^Sec retrosec at xxx.uk
Mon Dec 16 21:27:13 GMT 2002

I'm so sleepy..

Its been a while I think, since a post to sinister
came from me.

This evening I met with a friend in The Wash. Hes had
his hair cut, and its looking pretty good for hat
hair. He gave me a christmas present, and I know it
will be good - his taste and ability to judge my taste
is impecable. Should think so too, after 7 years.

The weekend, seems to have disappeared and left behind
the glorious remenants of memories, floating round my
mind like little floating candles.

There is a memory, which was sparked off yesterday,
when I heard Velvet Underground playing on the jukebox
in the 13th Note. It reminded me of university. Of my
first year in halls of residence, and how all the
corridors, linking the ziggurat floors together and
coasting down like the steps inside a ship, smelt of
chicken soup, as all the smells of food combined.
It reminded me of the hungover morning after my 19th
birthday, when I had drunk champagne for the first
time, from a pint glass on an empty stomach, and yes,
downed it in one. The memory of crawling around on my
hands and knees, opening the door so that visitors
wouldn't stand banging on the glass to be let in. And
when I looked up, there he was. A man with a black
mullet, and eyeliner, in an orange shirt who looked
like a beer bellied Richey Manic, and I fancied him.
So I offered him some champagne. He smiled at me.
Later, my flat mate said he told her he'd never been
offered champagne from the bottle by a drunken pretty
girl on her hands and knees before.

The hangover morning, was sort of beautiful, and quite
surreal. Looking out my steamed up window, onto the
misty lake, and shivering under my duvet, and lying in
bed for hours, gazing at the black and white Brett
Anderson poster hung above my bed. The boys used to
like that poster. They liked the idea of Brett
Anderson watching us while we got it on. They said it
was as if he approved.

The Winchester Club was marvellous. I haven't listened
to my free cee dee yet. I shall though. Soon.

I am sleepy. My friend couldn't believe how quiet I
was.

idles

=====