Sinister: You'll get all my applause, simply because

Alasdair Cook woolything at xxx.com
Fri Dec 20 00:46:10 GMT 2002

The moon slides across a giant bow-tie. If you squint you can see snow, then
you look back to wonder if it was ever there at all.

What would Irving Berlin say (I poured my heart into you, son)?

Hi there. I hope you are all well.

We're waiting for that day again, we love the songs and we love the drinking
and we love the weather, sometimes. You love to hail. We're walking out in
silver lines.

It's strange and unsettling the way Christmas moves in when your back is
turned, since fifteen years ago I wouldn't have eaten seventeen advent
calendar chocolates at once, I think. In fact, I know. My calendar is
Spiderman, and it says strange, cryptic things behind each window (behind
the first: 'This is your last chance'). I don't know WHAT to believe!

At work, we are concentrating on giving people nervous breakdowns. It's more
fun than actual work, and the prime culprit got a blue silk tie today for
his hard graft. I got a zip. Check: zip. Also at work, a man called 'Turner
Bone', like a cross between Tyrone and Max Power. I hope I never see the
man, for it will only end in disappointment. Always meet your heroes though
- they say things like 'I like your jumper'.

It was my birthday at the tail end of last month - I got three price
stickers, and a host of other items. One of the best; a t-shirt which
spouted, two years on, with all the delicious irony of it's conceiver -
'Brand New Friend'. !!. Sometimes, you know, I still think of things that
way.

Have you ever tried to write a song based around only one major rhyming
sound? It's not SO easy. What WOULD he say? (..looking for the tune..).

So, holiday season. I should buy some gifts, which is harder than it sounds.
It requires E.F.F.O.R.T. What's more, the sales are retracted and

Someone, somewhere, catches a(n) ('air')plane.

Have a lovely time. Spend more time than you should with your grandparents.
Merry Christmas.

Off with my glove. Love,

Alasdair xx