Sinister: Peel in the rain

Ian Connelly ian at xxx.com
Fri Dec 20 01:02:52 GMT 2002

sitting in san francisco this morning, i realized i'd missed the peel
session last night. or whenever it was. i can barely balance my dusty
checkbook or get to work on time, so it was unlikely that i would make the
time conversion and end up listening live.

so that's why it's nice that the bbc sees fit to put the shows up online
immediately. i've spent practically the whole day listening to it over and
over.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/rpms/peel_wed.rpm

the cover of 'nothing for christmas' is wonderful. and where did 'step
into my office, baby' come from? that's certainly got a lot of innuendo in
it, doesn't it?

setlist:
o come all ye faithful (w/choir)
christmas time is here
nothing for christmas
step into my office
jonathan david (stevie/stuart spar over religion, even!)
santa claus go straight to the ghetto (chris sings! james brown cover!)
photo jenny
little town of bethlehem
(jam with 'festive' bass & guitar ('oooh, that kills me,' says stuart.))
santa bring my baby back to me (lieber/stoller)
if you find yourself caught in love (new song!)
the boy with the arab strap
o come o come emanuel
get me away from here i'm dying
i took some time for christmas (new song)
12 days of christmas

all in all a hugely wonderful listen, with plenty of heart and humor. ah,
now, where's the cd of it? it's raining and hailing and blowing here on
the west coast, and this certainly made the day better and gave me hope
about piloting the vespa home through the inclement weather. you should
all listen, too.

stay warm,
ian