Sinister: I love your smile

Mark Casarotto boyincorduroy at xxx.com
Sun Dec 22 12:59:16 GMT 2002

A Sunday morning, a hangover. Both undeserved.

My Christmas shopping took in a lot of bookish things
this year. Waterstones 3 for 2 offer looked generous,
and made me smug until I realised all three books were
actually just for me. Thanks anyway, mind. I also now
(briefly) own three copies of "The Basic Eight", and
I'm in a good mind to keep them, lined up on my shelf
in prime viewing position so that when I eventually
get Laura Llew into my boudoir I shall render her
stupefied. Not that this is a good thing - I wonder if
we shall see an Xmas post from la Llew?

One of the reasons for this hangover is the inability
of the non-sinister British male to approach a public
bar and order a shandy. My god, what has the world
come to? Do these people not remember the days when a
can of Shandy Bass was the most s'phisticated, grown
up thing you could drink? A step onwards and upwards
from the beer-flavoured floppy sweet. Mmm, floppy
sweets.

So anyway, some brylcreemed boy who I could tell had
me marked down as some kind of poofter refused point
blank to buy me a half-lemonade drinkie. So I had to
have proper lager, etc. etc. Luckily I was able to
sleep till 11.30, so at least part of my day hasn't
been spoiled.

Belle and Sebastian, on the radio. Nice. Especially
Photo Jenny! Aww! Stuart and Traceyanne at HDIF? Even
nicer. Though possibly the first and last time the
Buffalo Bars will hear the Human League being segued
into Madonna in Ian Watson's lifetime ;)

Everyone sent your Sinister pressies? Hmm? Thanks to
my kind benefactor, btw, though I have successfully
resisted opening it until the big day. I hope none of
you have been peeking...

Laters y'all. There's a bacon butty with my name on it
(in lard) out there somewhere...

Mark xxx