Sinister: tRaiN iN vAiN .... R.I.P.

velocity farewell velocity_girl_is at xxx.uk
Mon Dec 23 13:04:59 GMT 2002

Joe Strummer's DEAD!!!!

What can I say about 1977 that hasn't been said
before? When most people think of Punk, it's a cinch
they will think of 1977...
       We ain't gonna be treated like trash
                We got one thing
                We are the Clash
                       What?
                We are the Clash
                It's like a patch
             You can strike that match

Back in 1976, a fledgling practice band asks a pub
rock star at the unemployment line to join their
outfit and a legend is born. What is not told is how
this improbable outfit was the work of a crazed
svengali, looking to rival his boss' band who were put
together to sell blue jeans and bondage gear... Mick
Jones, Paul Simonon and Joe Strummer were three
totally different people from one another and even
from their fans and contemporaries...

                  tommy gun
         you'll be dead when your war is won
                  tommy gun
     but did you have to gun down everyone?
     i can see it's kill or be killed
     a nation of destiny has got to be fulfilled
      whatever you want, you're gonna get it!

Joe Strummer was born in Ankara, Turkey, the son of a
Scottish diplomat.

///
"Punk legend Joe Strummer of "The Clash" has died, his
record company said Monday. He was 50."
                                                   \\\

They say that to see the Clash in 1977 was to see a
band on fire... Very few bands have matched the pure
catharsis the Clash embodied in their early days. They
were a blur onstage, constantly in motion, fueled by
their prodigous speed consumption. Strummer performed
like the stage was electrified, spitting and shaking
and convulsing.

          London calling to the underworld
      Come out of the cupboard, all you boys and girls
         London calling, now don't look at us
     All that phoney Beatlemania has bitten the dust
      London calling, see we ain't got no swing
      'Cept for the ring of that truncheon thing

///
"Punk legend Joe Strummer of "The Clash" has died, his
record company said Monday. He was 50."
                                                   \\\

The outrageous antics of the Punk movement attracted
the attention of Her Majesty's police and the Clash
continually found themselves in and out of the dock on
a procession of petty charges. This harassment could
not stop them...

         London's burning with boredom now...
                     London's burning dial 99999

///
"Punk legend Joe Strummer of "The Clash" has died, his
record company said Monday. He was 50."
                                                   \\\

The Clash have been one of the most important
political bands in Britain... one of the most coz
there have been others too... not the Clash though...
they hated and condemned drugs as another means to
submission, they took part in riots... they said
"evolve oR die"...

      Yankee detectives
       Are always on the TV
        'Cos killers in America
             Work seven days a week

Joe Strummer died at the age of 50... the cause of his
death's still undentified... some say it was a heart
attack...
No matter what I say about him, about the Clash, will
be just words unable to catch the significance, the
infuence and the weight this band holds...

Rest In Peace, Joe Strummer... We shall remember
you...

 Vel

"N' every gimmick hungry yob digging gold from rock
'n' roll
Grabs the mike to tell us he'll die before he's sold
But i believe in this-and it's been tested by research
That he who fucks nun will later join the church"
     The Clash "Death oR GloRy"