Sinister: Reporting back (+ more IMPORTANT LONDON BO

Father Christmas james.thorniley at xxx.com
Wed Dec 25 21:44:31 GMT 2002

Hi,

I will report back briefly on the How Does It Feel... event the other day with DJ Struan:

It was grand, really. There was some dancing, some (very overpriced) drinking, and he played feckin' Human League! Human League fer christ's sake. That bit was horrible, but on the whole a good night. I have decided that in future, however, I shall not go out in London without some sensible plan of what I am doing overnight, lest I get stranded again. I was going to try and sleep in the arrivals lounge at Gatwick airport, but after night-bussing to Victoria, where I was hoping there would be late night trains to the airport, I found the station closed. I carried on riding night buses for a while, and eventually decided to make my way to Waterloo, where there would eventually be a train in the morning to take me home. However the night-bus to Waterloo didn't seem to actually go to Waterloo, and I ended up at London Bridge. After a brief (45 minute!) midnight sight-seeing walk along the river, I got to the station at 5am. There, I indulged in an uncomfortable conversation with!
 a transient, who for some reason wanted to know if I was gay, because according to him I look it. When I escaped him I managed to get a little sleep on the train home, before collapsing in bed.

London bowling:

I've had a request to move it to Saturday, I believe its the 28th. We'll keep it at 3.30pm I suppose. I hope this is not worse for anyone. There should be more trains and stuff on saturday anyway so it should really be easier. Plus we can stay in the pub for half an hour longer.

Go here:
http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=531435&y=186855&z=1&sv=531250,186750&st=4&ar=Y&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf

See you all there, please come!!

James x