Sinister: Five and Nine........the Brighton Line

Ben Apps benapps at xxx.com
Fri Feb 1 08:43:15 GMT 2002

Attention all London (and surrounding Hamlets) sinister-type peeples.
(others need only read for sheer aesthetic pleasure)

Archel and Ben's (other Ben - hey we could make a mixtape!), Brighton meet
is only Garden Gate (8) days away. Miss Playforth has requested our presence
at around 2:30pm (One little duck, dirty gertie). Assuming we're going to
make the trip together, rather in the vein of the the jolly boys outing to
Margate in Only Fools and Horses, only with girls too, and on a train not a
coach, may I be so bold as to suggest the following plan of action:

Meet at Kelly's Eye, 1pm outside, or more probably, 'in' the pub at Victoria
Station (Rail NOT coach). The name of the establishment  escapes me. Boozers
please advise.

Depart on time (what are the chances?) at Unlucky for for some 13:38
(Chrismas cake)pm on the South Central Trains service to, conveniently,
Brighton. Where we will alight at precisely 14:27(gateway to heaven).

I have gleaned the following ticketing details:

Standard Single (Adult) £14.90  (Valentines day, Top of the shop)
First Class Single (Adult) £20.60

Network Awaybreak Return (Adult) £20.10 (Return within 5 days)
Saver Return (Adult) £24.10 (Return within a month)

A young persons, family, or senior citizens railcard is valid with any of
these tickets to obtain the appropriate discount.

I am advised there is no need to book in advance for any of these fares.

Well it's just a preliminary plan, so whaddaya think?
Archel is this OK with you? And how many people can be accommodated
overnight in your "HOUSE!"?

Thank you for calling national rail enquiries.

Talking of tickets, I got mine for London :) , but have my eye on Denmark
too, has anyone booked tickets for there from the UK?

I think I may have bingo-ing mad.

Bapps
x-x-x