Sinister: There's monkeys on the dancefloor

fiona mbbx9ff2 at xxx.uk
Fri Feb 1 12:54:31 GMT 2002

I have tickets for Manchester!! well not in real life, but i have an
order confirming email and thats good enough for me.

i also have a comedy email from the security department at my
university:

To be circulated to all staff and students:

There have been incidents of people selling laptop computers from
a vehicle on campus. These people are involved in a scam where
they show you a working laptop computer and after you have
withdrawn the cash from a nearby cash machine they hand over a
laptop case which in some cases is glued shut or has a faulty zip,
by the time you have opened the case and found out it contains
anything from a house brick to bottles of water they have left the
scene.
Please beware and report all incidents to the Security staff by
calling 275 2730 or internally 52730.

Vehicle Registration number - R718 XNG , Blue coloured saloon.
Four Male occupants.
No further details available.

...well i thought it was funny anyway

but then again i'm grasping at anything to brighten my days at the
moment, as i have almost certainly failed my exams and so am going to
go and discuss with my tutor what my options are (if any) wish me
luck. what does one do when they fail their degree half way through
the third year, i'm not sure i can face staying any longer. although
just to spite them i have a feeling that the direct debit for my fees
will bounce now that i've bought b+s tickets hehehe.

on a lighter note, i have recently come to the conclusion that i have
almost all the shoes i ever wanted. i have lived most of my life in a
permenant state of desiring a particular shoe, but just now i have
shoes to suit just about every outfit i own and some that i don't .
its a good feeling being confident in the knowledge that you are
wearing good shoes.

yesterday i made mashed potatoes from real potatoes. it was good.
despite the fact that i had had a couple two many beers before
endeavouring to mash i think the project was a success. the best
thing was that i actually have a masher. i have lots of utensils all
of my own, including some tongs for turning things over that i went
round every shop in the world to find. i also have my very own
microwave and a toaster designed in a fifties style, its yellow. just
thought you'd like to know.

more updates on stuff i own later, but love and lollipops for now
sinistereenies,

			  fiona.
* ****  * Peter J. Eccles,	               Office: (+44)(0)161 275
5885       *  * Director of Undergraduate Studies, Department:
(+44)(0)161 275 5800   *  * Department of Mathematics,         Home:
(+44)(0)161 445 3687         *  * University of Manchester,
Fax: (+44)(0)161 275 5819          *  * Oxford Road, Manchester,
  E-mail: pjeccles at man.ac.uk	  *  * Great Britain. M13 9PL
http://www.maths.man.ac.uk/~peter/ *