Sinister: Heads & Tails

Robert Brennan rob_brennan at xxx.uk
Fri Feb 1 13:05:39 GMT 2002

Matt Henderson said B&S should be stopped before they
make Combat Rock.  But surely Legal Man was their Rock
the Casbah?

I have no idea what that meant either.

It's February and I still have the January blues.
This is almost certainly a good thing as I realised I
haven't made any significant changes to my life in
about two years.  Nothing unusual for anyone but the
idea of settling into a routine right now scares the
shit out of me.  It's called being 'in a rut' but
really it's a really comfortable prison cell with a
wide-screen telly.  The door is wide open but I can't
see what's outside.

Last time I felt too 'settled' was a few years ago.
At that time I was pushed out the door by virtue of
losing my job.  I somehow ended up in Scotland and had
the time of my life for about half a year before
reaching my current safe, secure position.  Now I'm
bored of the scenery again but this time I'm gonna
have to kick myself out.  Oh but that sofa's sooo
comfy...  And Countdown's on.

So um...  the moral is: If you want to do something do
it.  No it isn't, it's: If you're fed up with what
you're doing, do something else.  Yes.

Ages ago, Robin Stout (I think) mentioned
arthurbostrom.com.  Fantastic!  I want to hire the
chap to come round my house and mispronounce English
words in a bad French accent and cheer me up.  Do you
think he still has his gendarme outfit?  I made a
similar discovery the other day thanks to TV Cream...

http://www.derekgriffiths.co.uk

DEREK GRIFFITHS!  (for non-uk listees or anyone too
young to remember Play School, Derek was/is an actor
and childrens' TV presenter who was also a bit of a
guitarist.  For 70s/early 80s pre-schoolers it was
like an having an extra dad on weekday afternoons.)
Have a look and find out what he's doing now.  And if
you work in telly, give him a job.

I've got a ticket for the Brixton soiree.  Wheeeee!

Thanks to everyone who posted wonderful posts over the
past few weeks.  Will and Dimitra especially.

Yay!  Brighton!  The London to Brighton Sinister
Express sounds fantastic but I won't be on it cos I'm
coming from a completely different direction.  There's
a metaphor for life there.

What a shite post!

Robster
http://robster75.tripod.com