Sinister: they let lisa go blind

toadie291 at xxx.com toadie291 at xxx.com
Fri Feb 1 16:12:21 GMT 2002

hi everyone.  i wish i could come up with some witty
greeting, i just dont have it in me right now i
suppose.  hmm. at any rate, i was listening to my mp3's
on shuffle this morning whilst getting ready for work.
all the sudden "beautiful" by our beloveds came on. this
got me to thinking of a post from a couple of months
back.  perhaps you remember it to;let me synopsise for
you. this girl posted about her family and how the song
beautiful reminded her of herself and her relationships
and the like.  her family had a difficult time
understanding where she was coming from to the point
that they decided to medicate her and now she is just
this numb being.  i remember when i read it it made me
cry. this morning when thinking of her it made me cry
again.  i cant recall who it was that posted it,i dont
think it was a "regular".  anyway, if you are reading
this, i hope you are feeling better :o)
what else?  ah yes. boys.  well its funny really.  there
have been a couple of posts recently about "why dont i
have someone? i dont look like a toad and im not into
recreational cannibalism?"  reminds me a bit of me.  i
dont really want a boyfriend mind you.  in fact i say no
to 99% of the people that ask me out so i really have no
room to complain.  its just funny. i went to get a
manicure a few weeks ago with a friend of mine, sharon
is her name.  we walked into the salon and there stood
my archrival from high school.  oh how i loathed her.
she was one of those know it all types, which is
annoying enough when the person is always right, but
this girl was always wrong.  ick. anyway.  she is
younger than i, i think she is 23..a year younger?  i
dunno, its a nonissue i suppose.  she in all of her 400
pound glory was telling me how happily married she was.
i mention her weight only because its nice to see people
you dont like look worse than you, sort of validating in
a shallow way.  those of you that deny it are all
lying!  anyway. i was thinking: "self, perhaps we have
set our standards too high?  perhaps we should not only
date famous musicians...esp taking into account where
that has gotten us in the past." quite right.  and
enough of my speaking in the third person.  well now i
have my sights set on a fireman.  he came to help me
when i was in a car accident in december.  i thought he
was sooooo cute but then chalked it up to me being a
wreck and just imagining him to be so.  then a week or
two ago i was at a traffic light.  i looked up at the
fire engine next to me and there was MY cute fireman
waving at me :o)  and he really is sooooooo cute. :o) so
last saturday my suave self took my niece to the
firestation.  when i finally figured out how to get in
(they have a doorbell....an invisible one i am
convinced)...so i said to the man who answered to
door "my niece wants to see the fire station, is that
okay?" to which my niece said "but you wanted to...."
thats when i interupted her and said "is this a good
time?"  fireman joe said that on his way down the stairs
they got a call and if we could come back later that
would be great. so we walked to the car.  then fireman
joe came running to my car explaining that another
ambulance had been sent to the scene of whatever had
happened so we could come in.  he then said that there
were only 2 guys there, as the others were out on a call
with the fire engine.  damn!  my boy wasnt there!  i was
so depressed.  so i keep praying ill see him again. i
dont even know his name :o(  reminds me of the cure
song "i sometimes used to try to catch your face, but
never even caught your name."  its not fair.  i cant
even find out my cute firemans name but 400 lb becky is
married.  ewwwww.  oh well.  say la vee and all that
jazz.  well i have a hunch olivia (the baby i take care
of) will be waking from her slumbers soon so i shall
away to practice my guitar.  i hope you are all toadie.
if any of you love me at all youll start yourselves on
fire in downers grove so i can help you and even call
911? let me know if youre game! :o)

"when youre in the company of strangers, or just the
strangers you call friends, you know before it starts
just how its going to end."
~~stine