Sinister: new fable

Jules Markham littleblackfox at xxx.com
Sat Feb 2 00:42:42 GMT 2002

greetings and salutations!
So what have persil, batchelors supernoodles and Offbeat got in common?
They've all been advertised by John 'God' Peel
I was supposed to be going to offbeat tonight, with it's free stickers and
penchant for 1/2 man 1/2 biscuit songs and gills perpetual pulp embargo. But
I was in a bit of a spirit ditch, and even though I'd managed to find chris
a fox badge to give him, I stayed home and baked a chocolate cake for mikeys
birthday. It looks pretty impressive. I covered in with melted chocolate and
made a heart out of smarties in the middle. I wanted to get more for him for
his birthday, but it kinda snuck up on me, and so I'm just taking him out to
our 2nd fave pub in sheffield to spend all day drinking.

We heard that B&S are touring again, and after much discussion, we've
decided not to go. For one thing, money is pretty tight, and for another
thing, we both end up crying through most of the songs. we remember
listening to them late at night, alone in the darkness and finding meaning
in every word, every sigh. I miss the stories on the sleeves, I used to buy
12" versions just for reading them.

well, I'll pootle off now, and just add that anyone who misses the black fox
can find her at www.theblackfox.co.uk, where there's a new story and
illustration.
sleep well
Jules