Sinister: cake and balloons! Offbeat!

Tom Pettinger tompettinger at xxx.uk
Sat Feb 2 13:09:37 GMT 2002

Hello assorted people,

....confusion about my time of waking, this can only mean one
thing...Offbeat last night. And what an Offbeat it was! We had a lovely cake
and balloons and party poppers (the little bottle shaped things that spew
mini-streamers, before you ask) and I had a request done (Le Pastie.)
Actually I had two (Panic) but I think he was going to play them anyway
because Chris is such a darn good DJ. Gill is too.

We also got little sticker albums for our collectable Offbeat "A-Z of Indie"
stickers, I shall be collecting all of them and selling them in 20 years for
an immense sum of money.

Jules, you should have come!

Is anyone going to Leeds on the 9th? If you are, I hope to see you there but
whereas most people when they say, "I hope to see you there" mean "I'm going
too" this one's a genuine 50/50, it all depends on those small pieces of
green and brown paper and how they arrange themselves.

Had a lot of things wanted to comment on but I can't remember them now,
which is probably for the best.

Oh, yeah... B&S gigs, I like Rebecca miss them closely, but I'm not as
annoyed as I expected to be honest.

Wait, I had a delgados request granted as well...

Another thing...although I don't mind the fifty pence increase to three
pounds for offbeat entrance,  you *no longer get the full can of red bull*
when ordering Ken's favourite liquid.
And if you are the guy who put his full pint of John Smiths on our table
only to have money accidently dropped in it, have it decanted into two half
pint glasses and then ladled and teemed back into the original glass, I'm
sorry, very sorry! But you/he was very friendly and it just goes to show,
'cos in any other club in Sheffield you would have been slaughtered for
that.

Da da da, just biding my time, waiting for the memories of things I wanted
to say flood back into my head. It's quite weird how long posts I write take
no time at all and I still have to limit myself as to content, but short
posts have me scratching my head for hours.

Nope.

Have fun
Tom
XX

P.S. I saw most sinister/offbeat regulars last night, nice to see you. Amy,
you weren't there, probably had exciting other things to do, hope you
enjoyed your holiday. (the Christmas one)

P.P.S. Actually, I had *another* request sort of granted, I requested The
Primitives "Crash" and another Prims. one, he played one/two genuine Prims
then a good cover of Crash. Nice one!