Sinister: so who did sing "waiting for the man" in Belfast?

Dirty Vicar dirtyvicar at xxx.net
Sun Feb 3 13:30:02 GMT 2002

now I will send a mail which is mainly a reply to a mail sent by another
listee.

on 2/2/02 07:34, Tim Banning at fezzywig at hotmail.com wrote:

> Whom ever went to the belfast gig is a lucky fellow.  I just have one
> question...who is singing "waiting for the man"  It's just amazing.  The
> band was sooo tight and sounded great.

the guy singing 'Waiting For The Man' was some bloke from the audience. His
name was Barry. did they leave the crowd chants of "Bar-ry! Bar-ry !
Bar-ry!" on the broadcast version of the gig?

 We were all very impressed by his stage presence and ability to sing with a
band and stuff. Afterwards I asked him was he in a band or anything, and he
said he was in a Dublin based band called Da Capo. I bought a single by them
a few days later and they seemed to be pretty good. mmmm, must dig it up and
listen to it again. And maybe keep an eye out for if they're playing gigs
and go see them or something.

amusingly, in proof that there really are only one hundred people living in
Ireland (north and south) when I was talking to Mr Da Capo he commented that
he'd seen me around before.

> Does anyone know where I can make an
> actual download of the gig.  or can you dowload somehow off of realplayer.

didn't someone say it's on the interweb somewhere for a limited period?

I think someone mentioned Missy Elliot a while back and how she's great,
didn't they? On a whim yesterday I bought her "so addictive" album, and I
must say it's proved a bit of a hit down the Vicarage. Great music for
writing sermons to. It would be great if B&S collaborated with Missy Elliot.
She could sing about how hot she is and Stevie and Stuart could sing about
how frightened of her they are, and then Isobel & Sarah could pop up and
sing a 'hey, remember us boys?' line.

I'm also enjoying the "In the beginning there was rhythm" various artists
compilation from Soul Jazz Recordings. It's a compi of avant funk post punk
stuff from the early '80s, you know, stuff like A Certain Ratio, Cabaret
Voltaire, the Gang of Four, 23 Skidoo, and other household names.

any Dublin listees going to Gorky's Zygotic Mynci next friday then?

also, has anyone onlist ever gone on holidays to the Lebanon? visiting the
land of the cedars is my current imaginary holiday of choice.

right, better go back to my zine writing then.

bless,

DV