Sinister: oh the longest nights and longer days of youth

caleb ben moore opaline_moon at xxx.com
Mon Feb 4 21:44:14 GMT 2002

hello sinisters!
   sounds like you all are doing quite well.
thats good.  i'm well too.  my life is basically
very nice.  i have a lovely family, a beautiful
woman who loves me, loads of ace cd's to listen
to, a few extra bucks for a 40oz bottle of
refreshment, and some tasty couscous ready to eat
at home.  so yeah, its all cherry.

and it sounds like all you UK folk will soon be
having a bit of a treasure hunt!  that will be
fun.......it reminds me of "willy wonka and the
chocolate factory" and the contest to see who can
find the golden tickets.  i love that film.

    i've been listening to "beautiful" alot
today, and its got me in a sort of
melancholic-sentimental mood.  and that of course
is not a bad thing, its a mood i quite like at
times.  sometimes it feels good to hear a song
like that.  suddenly i'm  catapulted back through
time to my junior high school years.
    i got pushed around and threatened at school
all day and i would come home and cry into my
pillow and listen to morrissey whilst reading
those biblical scriptures about God comforting
those crushed in spirit. and even then, i sort of
looked at the whole situation from outside
myself, and i realized that it was quite a
lovely, sad picture.
   i realized that i was just playing that
particular part in the film of life, and that
soon i'd play a different role.
  fastforward 10 years and i'm here, in an office
10 stories up, staring at a screen, writing my
feelings out to over 1500 people, most of whom
know nothing of me.  mind you, i am NOT feeling
crushed in spirit at all, just a tad reflective.
yeah......its good to reflect sometimes.

  ---caleb ben

=====
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a
harder battle." ~Plato

"Love does not consist of gazing at each other,
but in looking together in the same direction."
                       -Antoine de Saint-Exupery