Sinister: boo!hiss! Big Brother *is* watching

trish delish brazilp at xxx.ie
Tue Feb 5 15:34:08 GMT 2002

toodle pip, squeaks

not wanting to pre-empt david white (that is his name, isn't it?)(the guy who
runs belleandsebastian.freeserve.co.uk) and i'm sure he will, and indeed
should, post to give us the whole story, but basically it seems he's had to
take down the entire downloads section because of threats from some nonsense
british antipiracy watchdog....

now this makes me cross because
a) my friends were just getting used to be bopping manically around
   the room to "poupee de circe" just before we head out for the night,
   that song never once failed to make me smile
b) if i remember this right, the band were well aware of the site and its
   downloads, cos i remember at one stage they asked him to take down some
stuff
   that they were planning on releasing, or something like that. surely that
   means they didn't object to the rest of the stuff being on there?

how sucky is that? the site had all the latest peel session as well, and it
was my only way of hearing it because for some reason, we poor irish kids are
also deprived of any decent radio stations....our "youth" station, 2fm, is the
best we have, and the highlight of its day is a guy called larry gogan who's
long turned 60, playing his "golden hour" of songs from the 60's, 70's and
80's between noon and one on weekdays. and by "golden" i can only guess that
they are severely vocabularily challenged....golden it ain't.

david white suggests people who are (rightly) teed off about the BB
strong-arming suggest we bang off an email to the organisation concerned.
being as i am in a foul mood anyway today, i would just like to say that they
have just been on the receiving end of a rather cross email, but i do think we
shouldn't leave it there. is there anything neil or anyone can do?

i might be forced to stamp my feet, and believe me, it's not a pretty sight

well, i have absolutely nothing to say other than that, except also to say to
david that i really enjoyed the site for the last year or so since i
discovered it, and a big thanks are owed to him indeed.

let's get cross!

trish delish

ps the email address to give off to is antipiracy at bpi.co.uk
we all know what sinister can do in terms of email campaigns, so let's get
flexing those giving-out-muscles

(to start, try gently shaking extended forefinger with furrowed brow...repeat
x10 - it's harder than it looks!)