Sinister: the opiate of the populace

lindsey baker halighhalou at xxx.com
Tue Feb 5 16:32:48 GMT 2002

hello sinister.

i think i shall try this again, in light of recent postings and states of
mind.

february 5, 2002.

(i accidentally put 2003 there. freudian slip, perhaps, taking into account
of where i am supposed to be in approximately one year. in other
interpretations, i suppose it, too, was me trying to speed time along, as i
usually do, to something. another day.)

woke up early, not by my own doing. today by the little beeping alarm, which
regularly goes off about a half hour before the big radio alarm kicks in.
got ready in half the usual time, because earliness does not equal getting
ready happiness. cleared out all the sweaters and half-crocheted potholders
from my beloved car (found my wutu single!!! joy ensued, as did content),
and drove it to the body shop. got dropped off by body shop man at the
newspaper, which put me here at 8:55 a.m.

put in desa and tried valiently to waste time. took five minutes to make
calls about the story i am supposed to write today. got call from insurance
company. boy who hit me still probably doesn't have insurance. called
father. settled in for a long fight in small claims court and potentially
weeks without my little blue baby escort.missing missing missing many things
at this point.

how is it that people make it through some days?

oh yes. grapenut told me. brownies.

and now, canadian fiction. who doesn't heart duddy kravitz?*

xxx lovelou

*me