Sinister: unmentionable gunk

Mark Casarotto boyincorduroy at xxx.com
Tue Feb 5 17:17:19 GMT 2002

Afternoon, Sinister list, The.

Today I have mostly (I know, I know, it's so 1996, but
it's a good phrase, humour me) been downloading stuff
from the internet. Which takes an age on my modem, but
that's alright, as I have an age. Ages, even.

I have been mostly downloading "Bizarre Love Triangle"
from Audiogalaxy. New Order must be gutted to know
that out of the 4 I've got so far, theirs is the 4th
best. Top of the pile comes
featured-once-on-"Neighbours" popsters Frente!, whose
singer has one of those gorgeously uncluttered voices.
Second is Devine and Statton, who I don't know so much
about, except that I heard their version about 10
years ago and have only just got around to tracking it
down.

3rd are the also-Australian Even as we Speak (they
are, aren't they? Insanely interesting fact - the only
Sarah record I own is by EawS), who do a jangly,
indie-style version which falls between stools,
really. And 4th comes the 'Order. I've not been much
of a fan, but I always thought Barney was a bit
monotone. However, in comparison to the others, his
vocal part is almost R!O!C!K! in its mannerisms. Still
good, but Oh! the beauty of Frente! wins me over every
time.

That Stephen M Rhodes is a funny chap. Does he ever
publish his creative writng? (No doubt he's been
hailed as the new JD fucking Salinger and you all know
and I don't)

Tomas Repka out of West ham is the new Stuart Murdoch,
only rock 'ard. Check him out.

Further proof that I'm nothing but a big GURL - I
broke my nail! Well, it's sort of split down the
middle really. But it's the most exciting thing that's
happened today, and no mistake guvnor.

Trish mentioned the nasty antipiracy people. Assuming
that the band and their label have no problem with the
downloads being on the website, I suggest everyone
kick their arses as discussed. But a confirmatory
message from jeepster/banchory should probably come
first, I think... That address again -
antipiracy at bpi.co.uk

Brighton picnic - I'll be there, so come along and
throw wet sponges at me. I'll be wearing a white
t-shirt specially, rowr!

Household tip of the day - don't let girls use your
shower, or you'll be picking skanky bits of hair and
unmentionable gunk out of the plughole on a weekly
basis ;-)

Mark xxx