Sinister: BT phone home: Swede needs HELP

Annika Lindberg annika.lindberg at xxx.se
Tue Feb 5 22:48:51 GMT 2002

Sorry to bother you all with this, but I've got a problem I don't know how to solve.
I'm kind of desperate!

A year ago I bought a mobile phone during my stay in London.
Now I've been back in Sweden for a while and want to unlock the phone from BT Cellnet.
I thought I could transfer the £15 charge for the unlocking code to BT's bank account or something similar, but now BT tells me I must have the charge of £15 as call credit on the phone, which I don't have.
Since I'm stuck in Sweden for the time being I've no chance of topping up the balance except by using a credit card via the net or telephone and I really don't wanna give away my visa number "just like that".

So I wonder, does anyone know if it's possible to buy BT vouchers from England over the net and have them sent here to be paid for by cash-on-delivery or postal giro/account?

I'm completely stuck with this so I'd be VERY grateful for advice/solutions!

love n aliens

-Annika