Sinister: "it's not the weight of the world on your shoulders, it's just the weight of your head"

ola szkudlapska ola1212 at xxx.pl
Wed Feb 6 15:59:58 GMT 2002

                      why did i forget about that? tut tut
                   yet the darkness is rising now, and, oh,
                                 it just feels so good
                     ..thank you to everyone who helped..
                                            :)

dear sinister,

this e-mail will basically be an attempt of re-telling the events of my
Wonderful Weekend with Magical Miss Maja and James the Star (i ALWAYS read
that far! :)  oooh, where to start! *deep breath*

on thursday evening i got on a bus from warsaw to szklarska poreba, equipped
with little luggage and a walkman plus loads of tapes. a walkman was
essential, as it is quite impossible to really sleep on buses. (i did try
and devise some cunning sleeping positions but no matter how i tried to curl
up on the 2 seats i had for myself, after about 30 minutes my neck would
hurt/my arm would hurt/someone would turn on the light. ouch)

i arrived in szklarska in the morning.. the town is truly lovely, situated
in the mountains, mmm...  maja's house is right near a ski-slope, so when
you look out of the window you see all the skiiers criss-crossing the snow,
brilliant! :) oh, it was so nice to meet again.. maja's leg is ok now, but
she still keeps the plaster in her room - it looks like some modern
sculpture! :) we talked and listened to music and played with the cats and
recalled our visit to london and watched some monty python skits (maja has
LOADS on her computer! fabbb!), and wondered whether james would arrive
safely..

..james' travel was far more exciting than mine, obviously. not only was it
much longer and included numerous buses, he also had his phone card eaten by
a public telephone, popped in the police station in szklarska poreba, and
got sent to the tourist information centre, from where a nice lady called
maja and poor james could be promptly saved. phew! i'll let him fill the
story with details, though, and move on..

..in the afternoon james was subjected to a great amount of polish music..
:) then we all went for a walk which included loads of climbing up and
sliding down.. the snow had partially melted and it was really slippery.. it
was already dark when we were coming back, so many stars in the sky..
*gets dreamy*  oh, but then came the Eventful Evening! :) maja took james+me
to her favourite pub, where we all got Happily Hammered = ) we played one of
Ken Chu's Alcohol Games and decided we had been sold Liquid Lead instead of
beer. un-tasty. Unbelievably Un-tasty. so we ordered some posh drinks. which
were BLUE and *very* tasty, for a change. yum!
however, then something strange happened...

..the music changed. happy mainstream radio suddenly turned into monotonous
wailing, which could well suit some Meditating Monks, but somehow didn't
seem fitting for a pub. we had some theories...

'it's whale music!'
'no, it's not, we're being hypnotised! can't you hear? this music is like:
"go hooome... you are druuunk.. leave this plaaace!" '
'hmm, it reminds me of david attenborough's wildlife programmes..'

..and then it happened.

(moment of suspense)

james saw dolphins in his drink! :))

'look, look, how they're dodging the ice-cubes! ooh and there's a cameraman
hanging from the straw!'
'oh yeah, i can see them as well! brilliant!'

we were hypnotised then, no? ;))

on our way home we tried to dance the hoky koky, but didn't really succeed
(too few people, baa).  we also tried to sing some belle and sebastian
songs, and kept failing miserably (double baa). we decided we must have
been, like, the worst sinister people ever(!) first we would discuss for
ages which song to choose, and when we'd finally agree, we would sing some 2
lines and forget the lyrics. (mind you, we were perfectly synchronised when
it comes to that ;)
so we thought up our own song instead. i won't include the text here, as
it's going to be the next 'feel-good hit of the summer' ;) the evening
climaxed in "majolajam"'s conspicuous visit to #sinister (we love life, we
love dolphins, etc. repeated a lot of times, hmm :)

so came day two..

on day two we went to a nearby city of jelenia góra, where maja+i dragged
james to see harry potter. = )  the slight problem was that the film was
dubbed into polish but, well, mr dancing-hatchback wants to learn the
language, y'know! ;)  we wandered round the town and came back to szklarska
in the evening..

..and threw a mini-party in secret from maja's parents = ) loads of good
music was played and some alcohol was drunk and we even got round to
drawing(!). numerous works of art came into existence, the most splendid of
which were: The Sexual Harrassment Of Jarvis Cocker (by Majetta :) and The
Magnificent Deformation Of Debbie Harry (by Jamesso).  i cannot really draw,
so i mostly contented myself with dancing+singing (i must have been quite
annoying). the evening continued with The Great Escape Into The Wardrobe
(ever listened to sigur rós when hidden in a wardrobe? no? well try it! ;))
and  then we all went 'Oh, Let's Go Out&Get A 2nd Bottle Of Wine!'  it was
about 3am methinks. ah well.. we didn't go to sleep till about 5 or so = )
lalala..

and i had to leave on sunday.. *grrs at school*
gorgeous sunshine outside and i'm spending the whole day on a train..
*grrs some more*

anyway, i'd best be off...

/waves at the people in szklarska+hugs :)

cheerio!

cheery-ola (lalala :)

ps.
miss ulla your picture is lovely and will be framed and exposed in my room
paljon kiitoksia!! :)
miss silvia your tape was a fab surprise, thank you thank you loads&loads :)
mr secret, you'll see bel+seb soon enough, i'm sure.. in the meantime, keep
smiling! *hugs*
and i'll mail you all soon.. gosh, i'm so behind with things(!)

--

Określ Swoje potrzeby - my znajdziemy ofertę za Ciebie!
[ http://oferty.onet.pl ]